Craigslist sellers some are shady!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Saw an ad in Sf area on C-list. Guy is tring to sell a 038 for 600 bucks WTF... He goes on to say it is worth at least a grand? Whhhhhhhhat! I emailed him just because I hate thes people that just try, and find suckers or nieve people, and pull a fast one. I wasnt a totle ass. Just said that it wasnt worth that, and you could get a sweet 044, or 372 which is a newer faster saw for less cash, and did say that either one of those would smoke a 038. He made it sound like thise 1k BEAST! WAS the man. Nothing againsat the 038, but be honest man. So I just got a reply back, and he told me to eat this, and called me that, and said he does tree work, and the 038 blows the doors off a 044 all day long! WTF.......... Maybe he thought I was talking about the 44 rancher husky????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... anywhere anybody is selling stuff nowadays you get these jokers.

There is an 028 Super on ebay right now and the guy has the first bid and buy it now price at $599. It's a beautiful, barely used saw... and he claims it worth waaayyyy more. Says he's sick of lowball offers because he knows saws and knows how much this one is worth. :laugh: Maybe at the chainsaw version of Barrett-Jackson. :laugh:

Meh... some people think they have a goldmine and all they'll give some one is the shaft... Kinda like the ol' Jerry Reed song... :)

Gary

I don't know if it's because of unemployment, illegal immigration or what.

come on!!!! why are the powerless always to blame? you have zero evidence of any of this (beyond your prejudice)

the unemployed setting up traps on craigslist? illegal immigrants on ebay? give me a break... stop scapegoating, it does harm to people.

come on!!!! why are the powerless always to blame? you have zero evidence of any of this (beyond your prejudice)

the unemployed setting up traps on craigslist? illegal immigrants on ebay? give me a break... stop scapegoating, it does harm to people.

Dang Dude!!!

Do you need more fiber in your diet or what???
Calm down....................you'll live longer!

Mike

Well... anywhere anybody is selling stuff nowadays you get these jokers.

There is an 028 Super on ebay right now and the guy has the first bid and buy it now price at $599. It's a beautiful, barely used saw... and he claims it worth waaayyyy more. Says he's sick of lowball offers because he knows saws and knows how much this one is worth. :laugh: Maybe at the chainsaw version of Barrett-Jackson. :laugh:

Meh... some people think they have a goldmine and all they'll give some one is the shaft... Kinda like the ol' Jerry Reed song... :)

Gary

I never you where a guitar man Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang Dude!!!

Do you need more fiber in your diet or what???
Calm down....................you'll live longer!

Mike

my fiber intake is just fine but thanks for the advice mike, wise words indeed.

i'm very calm, just don't appreciate people randomly blaming entire groups of people.

...and some people are niave enough to believe that they got a super deal and try to sell it on ebay. They really do think they have something!

The saw is worth what someone is willing to pay.

That is all......

I suppose if his price was too low, you would have e-mailed him and told him the price was too low.......................

I get tired of folks informing me that my price may or may not be too high on
e-bay.
If it is too high, it won't sell.
If it does sell, I am a crook?

The way I see it is it all comes down to ,buyer beware, if you don`t know much about something you want to buy then either do some research on it or ask some questions from someone or a group that does know.
Pioneerguy600

Saw an ad in Sf area on C-list. Guy is tring to sell a 038 for 600 bucks WTF... He goes on to say it is worth at least a grand? Whhhhhhhhat! I emailed him just because I hate thes people that just try, and find suckers or nieve people, and pull a fast one. I wasnt a totle ass. Just said that it wasnt worth that, and you could get a sweet 044, or 372 which is a newer faster saw for less cash, and did say that either one of those would smoke a 038. He made it sound like thise 1k BEAST! WAS the man. Nothing againsat the 038, but be honest man. So I just got a reply back, and he told me to eat this, and called me that, and said he does tree work, and the 038 blows the doors off a 044 all day long! WTF.......... Maybe he thought I was talking about the 44 rancher husky????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if he sold it for $60 to you, your post title would be a bit different, eh?

Hey Norm. Another thing I've seen with CL listings in our area (could well be elswhere too.....but my experience is limited to the SF and Sac area CL's) is people cutting and pasting other folks ads for their own scam uses. There was an 044 listing a while ago, and for the next several months one or more scammers were repasting it for their own uses. Not quite sure how they were using it for gain. I know the listings were a scam, because I had talked with the original lister, and he had just sold the saw. I contacted him again, and he was quite pissed that somebody was using his listing (text, pics, and all).

Seen the same things with tractor listings recently. There was a fellow in Lake County that was selling an International 300 Utility. He had listed it as a 1930 Farmall 300, which was wrong on two counts. That tractor was only built from 1955-1957 (not 1930 by any means). From the pics it was clear that it was an International 300 Utility. The Farmall 300 was much taller, and had different axles, tires and other bits. At least he was actualy the seller.............just ignorant. I communicated back and forth with him.

Anywho.......The same listing, including the error-filled "1930 Farmall 300" title, the same pics, and most of the same text (but sometimes with some garbled words from poor cut-paste jobs) appeared at least three times after the original Lake County listing expired. Once was in Santa Cruz (quite far from Lake County), and two more were in other distant locations. Some had contact info, and some didn't. The last listing was for one third of the original asking price (which was already quite fair)....obviously to try to tempt people to throw caution to the wind with a deal that's too good to pass up. Not quite sure how these folks are using other people's listings for gain. Getting people to bring cashola to an ambush point or getting idiots to send them money sight unseen maybe? Who knows.....:confused:

Just curious as to how potentially overpricing a saw is shady? A seller has every right to ask whatever amount he chooses for his item, but that does not make him shady. Claiming that it costs more than it actually did/does in an effort to hook someone might qualify however.

When I see ads like this I simply ignore them. You will never be able to rationalize with a seller of this type and the market response will speak louder than you ever could.

Yes, when at the mega-market, and the t-bone steaks are at $8.99 a
pound, do you run in and call them crooks?

No, you just buy some burger......

Or chicken.....

I posted this in the "I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist" a few days ago, couldn't believe it myself...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/1984272641.html

and said he does tree work, and the 038 blows the doors off a 044 all day long!

...an ignorant seller is by far worse than an ignorant buyer, but in the end, it is up to the buyer to do his research. I just got a 038 in good running and overall condition for 1.5 Benjamin’s...

I guess I just dont like bull####ters, and liars. If the guy really does tree work, which obviously I think is bs. Than he would know a little about saws, and how could he think its worth a thousand bucks. Are yo kidding me? And must be a hell of a tree worker, and use many saws he claims the 038 was far superior than the 044? WTF.............. I just get tired like eccentric said there is weird stuff that happens. Ok so he was high priced. Thats all I told him, because what set me off was the fact that his ad said this saw is worth at least a grand. All I emailed him that it wasnt, and his reply is what was shady! And no if he sold it for 60 bucks then he would be the sucker FISh. I guess to each his own, but Im just tired of dishonest people who try, and take advantage of others. Guess I should have not taken it personal, but couldnt help myself the guy is to much of a bull####ter!!!!!! Dont like false claims either!!!!!!! NORM....................

Anywho.......The same listing, including the error-filled "1930 Farmall 300" title, the same pics, and most of the same text (but sometimes with some garbled words from poor cut-paste jobs) appeared at least three times after the original Lake County listing expired. Once was in Santa Cruz (quite far from Lake County), and two more were in other distant locations. Some had contact info, and some didn't. The last listing was for one third of the original asking price (which was already quite fair)....obviously to try to tempt people to throw caution to the wind with a deal that's too good to pass up. Not quite sure how these folks are using other people's listings for gain. Getting people to bring cashola to an ambush point or getting idiots to send them money sight unseen maybe? Who knows.....:confused:

I'll often see a car for 1/3 of what it should be selling for, do a google or bing search for the title, like this:
site:craigslist.org 2004 Cadillac CTS $2950
and I'll find the same car, same pics, same price, same email address all over the country.

my fiber intake is just fine but thanks for the advice mike, wise words indeed.

i'm very calm, just don't appreciate people randomly blaming entire groups of people.

Exactly. Besides...we all know it is the Muslims causing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back