I thought I escaped but found i was delusional

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfincr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After doing a complete rebuild on a ts460 and getting an 028wb up and running i decided i had all the saws i needed (020t, 028wb, 045,660) after all i only had one tree in the yard. so i stopped looking and started in on collecting and repairing gravelys. it just so happened i won a government auction for an engine hoist and while picking it up the manager showed me what was coming up for auction. as we walked past a pallet of saws i asked if they were coming up as well, he was surpised i asked and said he was going to through them out as they were junk (ok to some people they were they were a half complete ms200t, an ms260 pro, ms280c, and what appeared to be an 880 just missing the handle bar and clutch cover). he agreed to list them so i could bid. long story short i wound up with 8 chainsaws in total as they had more come in. Needless to say when i went back he was very happy i talked him into selling them.

now to my question in the lot i wound up with an 084 (the 880 never made it to auction as it wasnt in any of the lots) which is missing the recoil, needs a top cover, and the outer bar plate. i cant seem to find a reasonably priced recoil for these are they that rare? is it worth completing?

with my other models i never had much of a problem finding reasonably priced parts but between the 084 and the recoil for the ms280 they're a bit frustrating.

here are the pics of the 4 saws i wound up with out of the 8 the other 3 found new homes and the other is being used as partsView attachment 314543View attachment 314544

i'll get some gravely photos up tomorrow as well. i'm down to 3 at this point had 8 at one point but needed the garage space to work on my vehicles one of which is a restore of an 84 k5, plus i hate leaving old tractors outside.

Any tips on where to find 084 parts?? i'd love to get the saw up and running without having to spend 160 on a recoil as i still need to get a bar and chain for it.

Latest posts

Back