I thought I escaped but found i was delusional

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surfincr

surfincr

ArboristSite Operative
After doing a complete rebuild on a ts460 and getting an 028wb up and running i decided i had all the saws i needed (020t, 028wb, 045,660) after all i only had one tree in the yard. so i stopped looking and started in on collecting and repairing gravelys. it just so happened i won a government auction for an engine hoist and while picking it up the manager showed me what was coming up for auction. as we walked past a pallet of saws i asked if they were coming up as well, he was surpised i asked and said he was going to through them out as they were junk (ok to some people they were they were a half complete ms200t, an ms260 pro, ms280c, and what appeared to be an 880 just missing the handle bar and clutch cover). he agreed to list them so i could bid. long story short i wound up with 8 chainsaws in total as they had more come in. Needless to say when i went back he was very happy i talked him into selling them.

now to my question in the lot i wound up with an 084 (the 880 never made it to auction as it wasnt in any of the lots) which is missing the recoil, needs a top cover, and the outer bar plate. i cant seem to find a reasonably priced recoil for these are they that rare? is it worth completing?

with my other models i never had much of a problem finding reasonably priced parts but between the 084 and the recoil for the ms280 they're a bit frustrating.

surfincr

surfincr

ArboristSite Operative
here are the pics of the 4 saws i wound up with out of the 8 the other 3 found new homes and the other is being used as partsView attachment 314543View attachment 314544

i'll get some gravely photos up tomorrow as well. i'm down to 3 at this point had 8 at one point but needed the garage space to work on my vehicles one of which is a restore of an 84 k5, plus i hate leaving old tractors outside.

surfincr

surfincr

ArboristSite Operative
Any tips on where to find 084 parts?? i'd love to get the saw up and running without having to spend 160 on a recoil as i still need to get a bar and chain for it.