A trip to visit the grumpy old man (yeah I picked up some saws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like an excellent candidate for a restoration. Nice looking saw as is -- in that model.
Thanks, I've been thinking about starting it up again the next chance I get. I've got three or four old Homelites that haven't been started for a few weeks, might be good to make a little noise in the neighborhood..

Forgot to add that I have pre-MediaCAT lit on the S-10 that I would be more than happy to shoot your way if you find yourself in need, Dave. That said, the top handle S-10 and 08-S are essentially the same saw and most of the documentation in MediaCAT for the 08-S also applies to the S-10, but you probably knew that already.

Forgot to add that I have pre-MediaCAT lit on the S-10 that I would be more than happy to shoot your way if you find yourself in need, Dave. That said, the top handle S-10 and 08-S are essentially the same saw and most of the documentation in MediaCAT for the 08-S also applies to the S-10, but you probably knew that already.

The 038 and S-10 need a new home I will never mess with them, any body wants a project shoot me a pM (same goes for the husky brake handle).
Dave

IMG_7493_zpso3ghaxmb.jpg

IMG_7494_zpspgxe9pbp.jpg

IMG_7492_zps7zchiy0h.jpg

IMG_7495_zpsebmmev5t.jpg
IMG_7490_zpsbf0giivw.jpg

IMG_7489_zpsnsigqokx.jpg

38 needs piston but cylinder looks ok to reuse (clean)

S10 not locked up but bad piston good cylinder, carb appears complete
22_zpsrijqfuuv.jpg

21_zpsbbslfmf0.jpg

Back