Craigslist splitter find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cre73

Always Lurking, never posting
Reaction score
A friend and I have been looking for a splitter to go in on and were ready to head to Tractor Supply and purchase the Husky 22ton for 1000.00. Yesterday a 26ton MTD came up on CL for 650.00 and stated it was like new and only had split one truck load of wood. After speaking with the gentleman I decided to sneak out of work early, grab a couple knarly peices of oak and hickory and go have a look. Well I came home very happy. Here are some pics. Anyone else have one anything to watch for?

Nice score! I looked all over for used ones, finally gave up and bought a 27 ton Troy-bilt, very happy with it so far. But it cost alot more than $650:(

Metropolis

I see you are from Metropolis, a good friend of mine lives in Vienna, we go down there a couple times a year. One of my favorite places is Willy Jacks, good food, cold beer, and the waitresses are not bad either.

Score bobby orr !!!!!

As if anyone remembers who Bobby Orr is ! :dizzy: That looks about like the older version of what I have...... since your has the full beam. Only thing I'd suggest is rig up a simple shelf to go on the opposite side you operate from. You'll save your back from repeatedly picking up the same chunk of wood to re-split over and over. Mine has far exceeded my expectations for a (relatively) cheap splitter.

Birthday022.jpg

Birthday021.jpg

Great buy!

Ductape--Is that a vert/horz splitter? I can't tell. If it is, does the table get in the way?

I would like to put a table on my splitter and wasn't sure how to mount it until I saw your pics. Thanks!

As if anyone remembers who Bobby Orr is ! :dizzy: That looks about like the older version of what I have...... since your has the full beam. Only thing I'd suggest is rig up a simple shelf to go on the opposite side you operate from. You'll save your back from repeatedly picking up the same chunk of wood to re-split over and over. Mine has far exceeded my expectations for a (relatively) cheap splitter.

Bobby Orr was my favorite player when I was a kid.:clap:

Ductape--Is that a vert/horz splitter? I can't tell. If it is, does the table get in the way?

I would like to put a table on my splitter and wasn't sure how to mount it until I saw your pics. Thanks!

bore,
Doesn't get in the way at all....... horizontal or verticle. Its simple, and I made it bolt to the original brackets for the 'log holder'....... didn't even need to drill any holes in the splitter. I can even sit on it and it doesn't tip the splitter ....... so its good for any chunk of wood I'll ever put on it.

Latest posts

Back