Cub Cadet Commercial Saws???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys hows it goin? I'm new here and in the market for a new saw for clearing about 30-35 acres of mainly walnut, some locust & honey locusts (building a big ass pond) I just wanted a couple pro's oppinions as to wether the
cub cadet commercial saws are any count compared to husky's or stihl? the closest thing to a saw shop where i live is a Tractor supply company(TSC), which sells these cub cadet saws. I think mtd (cub cadet) has them made by efco(not sure) they may just be using the emak engines which are gauranteed for 600hrs of durability, how that gaurantee works not sure. All I know is everything (choke,on/off switch, air filter system looks to be in same places.

There are Stihl dealers in Washington C.H., Greenfield, Wilmington, London, and Hillsboro.

Any of those close to you?

The Cub saws are probably pretty good, but you will get better service at a chainsaw dealer than at TSC.

yeah I live about 5 miles outside Washington Court House, I did not know we had a saw shop, I am going to check in to this, there's not one in the phone book, unless its one of those hole in the wall places that doesn't advertise much

According to Stihl USA, these guys are a full service dealer:

RAM EQUIPMENT
150 WEST EAST STREET
WASHINGTON C.H., OH. 43160
(740) 335-4239

The Cub saws are Efcos painted yellow and w/ their name on 'em. Compare to the Efco and they are identical. If I could justify the $$ on another saw I'd grab one. There have been several brand new on ebay for relatively dirt cheap. Most people don't know what they are.

Same parent company from what I can tell, but the saws are different. Go to their website and you'll see they are two different lines. Don't know what similarities or parts they share if any (like the Husqvarnas and Jonsereds which are almost identical).

Back