cusion seal bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever herd of cusion seal bar oil by power punch products? The lable says that it sheds water and helps with cutting and that industrial users in the north pacific coast approve it. It looks like strawberry serup. I just got a gallon from napa. It was a little on the expensive side but i had never heard of it before.

I bought a 520i parts saw on eBay which had a red-pink-red sort of bubbly like fluid (?oil, ?detergent, ?other about the same consistency) in the oil tank. I don't know what it was, but whatever it was, the d@rned lube-impregnated sawdust that gets sucked into all parts of a saw had dried like bricks. Not even carb cleaner would dissolve it off the airfilter.

Whatever the bar lube chosen, because lube-covered sawdust gets sucked into the saw during operation, I think it might be worthwhile knowing not only (a) does it lubricate the chain (as any good oil, or soap!, will do) but more importantly (b) when it dries, e.g. when it oxidizes, does it harden like epoxy glue, e.g. do the short polymers in it "polymerize" making long polymers entangled with the wood fibers of the sawdust, resulting in an epoxy brick all around your airfilter, ignition system, cooling fins, etc.

Red Bar Oil

Here is some stuff that we have been using for years. Growing up My family cut ceadar shake bolts and we have been running this stuff for at least 30 years. I called the company and we might get a visit from them here on the sight. The oil has always been of good quality. As for the caking up on the saw, I would suggest regular maintenance and cleaning. The red is nothing more than a die for marketing and distinguishing it from other brands. BTW this oil is labeled for many Dealers in that dealers name. I won't mention any names but most have heard of the big dealer in Centralia, WA and this is exactly the same stuff as their house brand. Price usually runs $5-$6 per gallon and for a lot of cutters in the NW it is their favorite. Side note here when I was a kid my dad would take an empty bar oil container and use it for his mix and had an extra pull rope tied to the 2 handles to carry it over his shoulder. Club and froe in one hand and a 056 in the other. I have a set up identical today and if you look in the back of most loggers trucks today; you will see the same set up. fond memories......

bar oil

Poulan pro oil is red it is not as thick as the regular bar oil it is better when it is very cold out side but it flings off to quickly when it is hot. I just run the regular bar oil from walmart.

According to the guy I spoke with; they formulate a couple differant oils through out the year depending on temperature of the season. Lighter weight oil in the winter and a heavier weight oil in the summer. He said it is mostly about pourability. From 30 - 50 depending on the season.

just my bit

i use the super tech stuff from walmart. if you put it on your fingers and pull them apart it strings. probably not the best but seems to keep everything slick and cool. pretty cheap by the gallon too.
again, just the ravings of a lunatic.............

Back