custom bar back from the engraver :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
just need to do a little clean up on the removed printing
IMG_8215_zpsimjzkypv.jpg

IMG_8216_zpsvdxi6paz.jpg

IMG_8217_zpsj8osn2mo.jpg

Is it worth offering this as a service or just a shelf queen thing
That depends on how many people would want the service. The price would drop significantly the more people go in on it.

For about $200 I could set you up with everything you need to DIY any engraving you want (up to about 3"x3").

clearly I missed something up there :)

The local engraver is old school, he had the template made and is going to do some more bars for me. I paid for the template and then $30 to get the bar done.
I took another bar in to test on and let me tell you the Stihl powdercoating is solid thick. We decided to engrave the powder since it took 4 passes to even scratch it !!
The final product was done in 12 passes.
With the same template he can engrave down small enough to do an old school recoil stihl logo badge for me as well, probably in a contrasting anodized aluminum.
Dave

clearly I missed something up there :)

Yup, Marshy deleted my post and wrote me up for posting a pic of a naked lady. I now have "points" against me. Any idea how many points you can get and what the consequences are?

Back to you, Dave.

Yup, Marshy deleted my post and wrote me up for posting a pic of a naked lady. I now have "points" against me. Any idea how many points you can get and what the consequences are?

Back to you, Dave.

wait a minute, I need context here or I may have to moderate Marshy :)
Was the naked lady engraved on a chainsaw bar, counselor?
Indeed your honor it was.
I will allow it, play on good sir!!
DDave

Back to you, Dave.
If you get 5 points in a given period of time you will be banned for 7 days tha'ts what the mods told me . For posting stuff that aint funny.

Back