Cutting Poly Pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to error on the side of caution to start with and just buy some cheap saws, no bar oil and then see how it goes. Then we'll see if we can talk an inspector into allowing a coolant. If all goes well, then we'll get some good saws to put out on the line.

I think I am going to error on the side of caution to start with and just buy some cheap saws, no bar oil and then see how it goes. Then we'll see if we can talk an inspector into allowing a coolant. If all goes well, then we'll get some good saws to put out on the line.

If your guys is like most you'll want the cheap stuff anyway, Mack . haha

Is all that 20" open cut installation? Any directional boring going to take place?

I repair saws for the outfit my wife's brother in law works for. (I don't claim him.) They do this exactly. Using vegetable oil and water/dish soap. Depending on the inspector. They were only getting one to two days out of the bars. Chains were hammered. Plastic build up on the saws was surprisingly minimal though. All the heat discoloration that I saw was bar and chain only.

The pipe fuser that these guys use gets over 250*f. Pretty well gets rid of any residue. Any questions pm me.

Working with starboard for boats, a UV resistant plastic we use carbide saw blades and router bits. They cut clean with no melt. HHS and regular saw blades melt the plastic. Heat softens the plastic then it doesn't shear, it smears.

Cut big chips, go fast and outrun the heat.

How bout misting the chain with a little liquid nitrogen while cutting? Just enough to pull the heat.

I repair saws for the outfit my wife's brother in law works for. (I don't claim him.) They do this exactly. Using vegetable oil and water/dish soap. Depending on the inspector. They were only getting one to two days out of the bars. Chains were hammered. Plastic build up on the saws was surprisingly minimal though. All the heat discoloration that I saw was bar and chain only.

The pipe fuser that these guys use gets over 250*f. Pretty well gets rid of any residue. Any questions pm me.
Poly expands and contracts so the risk of leak isn't really within the first year. All my irons run 500 degrees.

Back