Daka Woodburner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic8852

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've got an opportunity to purchase this burner, the price hasn't been finalized yet. Haven't seen it in person yet, but i've got these pics sent to me. Friend of mines gf has it sitting in her garage and wants it gone. What's a good price to offer considering it'll need firebrick, probably seals, etc...View attachment 260297View attachment 260298View attachment 260299View attachment 260300
260297d1351734142-v__4c39-jpg
260298d1351734181-v__0a6f-jpg
260299d1351734182-v__4d6f-jpg
260300d1351734183-v__7f26-jpg

The factory where they are built is about 40 miles from me. They are running an ad on Craigs List right now where you can buy them reconditioned for 700 bucks. Guess you will have to see how bad she really wants it gone.

I have one and really like it. I paid 300 for mine 5 yrs ago.

Ted

+1! ^^^(SD's post) That baby has been been run HARD! This is a cheaper unit to begin with, $8-900 at Menards on sale. I looked at them a couple years ago, not impressed. My local Menards carrys a similar unit now that is made by Shelter. A little more money, but looks a lot better quality and design, just my opinion. To answer your question, I wouldn't buy this furnace, but if you do, better be cheap, like $200, tops, then, prepare to be dissapointed.

Last edited:
I have the same model. Paid $600 for it, used, but in better shape. That looks like it got pretty hot a couple times. The fire brick is an easy replacement. Check if that is just ash and soot inside, of it it has sat in the garage for a couple years and that is rust flaking off.
You should buy it, she needs a good pedicure. What is that, jungle rot?

I saw one on CL last fall for $400 in similiar condition. It's still posted for $300..... Cash talks, show her some twenties and she'll let it go cheap :rock:

Try to get it as cheap as possible. And that toe in the pic. is just nasty.:msp_w00t:

I'm gonna try and get up there next week and see it. I think her toes are supposed to be painted, but they do look nasty! Also, there is an auction coming up near me that has a soapstone woodburner in it. What are those all about? I've never heard of them.

who ever posted that pic owes me breakfast! i saw that foot and barfed my breakfast all over my keyboard!:taped::taped::taped: offer to cut her foot off in trade for the woodfurnace. seriously.

Back