damaged piston/cylinder? husqvarna 254xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minor update, with questions, and oh god please don't tell me I haven't watched the vids :( haha:heart:

This is the sealing cover on the flywheel side.
Does it look damaged, you can see a bit of metal scratching on the uber right corner? (the actual seal has been removed YAY)
My question: In the vidoes Mattyo made, he shows a plastic case instead of this one, a new type...I can't seem to find this ANYWHERE (I live in Denmark, and have looked on ebay.co.uk and such)

One more question, the wormhole/drivewheel, is also something mentioned in the same video, I just can't seem to find where/how it's reinstalled?, and also, is it replaced with a different type?
Mattyo, you mention in the video something about a "not so damaging" type so it doesn't ruin the oiler? I think....correct me if I am wrong.

Tyvm for all help and interest!
WP_20170527_22_09_44_Pro.jpg

That part looks fine. If you are worried about the tiny nicks, take some emery cloth and smooth them out. The metal cover is better than the plastic version.

You may be able to upgrade the oil pump drive so the oil ump only runs when the clutch is engaged. You would need to chage your clutch drum, and get the plastic worm gear that slips on the crankshaft, and toss the brass gear. There may be more to it than that, so don't go throwing away parts and buying new ones until someone else either confirms or corrects that idea.

my biggest issue is finding those items, only option really from where I live is Ebay.co.uk
The plastic cover seal I did find through a danish site, but that's like winning the lottery round here it seems....

So you actually heat the brass gear on a frying pan? if you don't have the correct tool? :D
Put it back on with the same tool I took it out with? (puller)

Those scratches are irrelevant. ..

You can heat up the worm with a heat gun or torch....then it just slips on...no tool needed. Or switch the plastic worm and clutch drum setup....on ebay.

And yes....here is the video you needed

Husky 55...similar setup

what....I am offically confused here, that link shows drum clutch items. huh?

That o'ring I remember you talking about that in your video, specifically, you said. "I haven't seen those available".
That link is not to an O ring, as far as i can tell. (semi drunk here, it's late nite but still) :cheers:

haha, I'm sorry I did not catch the o ring link before answering.

Well, my problem is, those are items from the US. I haven't been looking there simply because I live in Europe, and somehow.....replacements are not that easy to get.

Correct me if I am wrong, the O ring is for the flywheel seal cover (metal, that you mention in your video).

Will go and get myself a "puller" for the clutch side asap. This saw better f'ing work after i'm done :chainsaw:

Back