damaged piston/cylinder? husqvarna 254xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 link... one to clutch, one to oring.....

ya seriously gonna make me look up every part for ya? lol

Mattyo, If I could, I would damn well visit you and offer you some of my "genuine home made" brew of mine.
Your help is amazing!

I do, however, live across the ocean, perhaps one day, when my kids are older and I have my freedom back :p
sorry to be a bother

Both those sellers offer international shipping, so Mattyo gave you 2 good links there.

Yes. The wait and "Vats" are being ignored here.

I will wait for replacement parts, and hopefully gather enough things to order as cheap as possible.

Both links were are luck thay they offer international shipping. I rarely order single parts from any supplier. Always try to make an order worth it. But those are the parts you need. Where u get them from is up to you. Yes...next time you are in the states you can buy me a beer.

or two? if that cuts it. (see what I just did there.."CUTS" it)

So buying the clutch drum part saves me a shitload of trouble. Worth considering for sure.

I will spend some time gathering the needed supplies and what it will cost me.

Cj and Mattyo :numberone:

No words, thanks!

It really is no trouble to get that brass worm back on....just heat it up....it'll go. But the advantage of using the plastic worm is that the oiler isn't running at idle. And it's likely the plastic worm will break before the oiler....which is the correct way you would rather a failure...

The sprockets are kind of irrelevant since you can put your original .325 sprocket on any clutch drum that fits your saw, provided it is not a spur type drum - then it does matter which drum you purchase.

so, the item Mattyo provided WILL work with my .325? ^^
damn these things, learning new stuff :crazy:

Trying to find it closer than the US. And I can't seem to tell the damn difference, what am I looking for to be able to use the new plastic wormgear?

The the clutch drum in the listing that Mattyo provided will take any size sprocket you desire, as long as the sprocket has the correct inner diameter. For Husqvarna, there are 3 different inner diameters: micro, small, and large. Your saw takes the small sprockets. They are very common and can be purchased everywhere in different pitches and tooth counts.

aight. Thanks

Trying to sum up all the parts, if I repair this thing, I damn well might as well get everything done right.

List is long....but not "that" expensive.
The bearings for the piston and oil pump etc. all seem fine, so not replacing them unless i'm told by wiser people.

MUST HAVES:
Piston kit
Seal kit (gaskets and seals for cylinder/etc)
Carburator repair kit (might as well while I am at it)
Spark plug
Fuel filter

MAYBE:
Clutch drum for plastic worm gear (is the worm gear included btw?)
New oil pump?

If your pump was working okay before you disassembled your saw I would not replace it. The worm gear is included in the link that Mattyo supplied. Get a new fuel line - they are cheap. I would get a new Husqvarna piston pin bearing since the saw is apart - they aren't that expensive at the dealer.

The pump was working, but leaky as hell...
Fuel lined, noted, I did check it, seemed fine though?
Piston pin bearing, check. Will replace this, it's not that expensive.

bearing does look good though! (do I lube this thing when I put it back in?)WP_20170528_23_06_21_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20170528_23_06_46_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170528_23_06_46_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
ok, now a very different question....

while waiting for spare parts, and spending evenings cleaning the parts etc.

How the HECK do you get these damn anti vibration thingies back into place? ^^ please tell me there's an easy way....

WP_20170528_23_13_29_Pro.jpg

Back