Decided I'm done cutting wood-maybe forever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aandabooks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was out cutting today and I got to thinking:

The last two nights I've come home from work and shows on the history channel are about the apocalypse and both are talking about the end times and how that is going to happen on Dec 21, 2012. Cosmic alignment, Nostrodomus, Mayan calander and stuff.

Well I've got enough wood cut to last me till then so since the world is coming to an end, why bother cutting any more wood.:( :( :(

Then the thought passed, revved the saw up and layed into another nice piece of American Elm.:chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Reminds me of a story...

Friend was losing his house and family...messy divorce.

We were cutting wood way out on the back of his place...ricking big stacks between trees...I had to ask...why are we doing this, Jim?

"Well...it'll be here for the next guy."

I'm only about half done with my wood for 2010/2011 so I guess I need to keep going either way.

Elm? You will still be trying to split it in 2013.

Power splitter, stringy yes but it will get the job done. I tried to split some with the new True Temper splitting axe I bought last week and gave up quickly. Fired up the splitter and ran through a face cord of it in about a half-hour.

I wonder how many people ran short on wood early in 2000 and 2001. This world has been going to end many times. The date comes and goes and someone else will speak up as to when when the next dooms day is. :dizzy:

Keep cuttin,If it ends by fire you can add more fuel to make it go faster. If it ends by another ice age stoke the fire and stick around a little longer. Oh yeah, and stock up on ammo. Either ending you'll probably need it.

Whew, ya had me worried with that title....thought you had sipped the tree hugger cool-aid:D .
Seriously though(imho) it won't be an apocalypse, it will be a Easter Island scenerio on our giant green/blue planet. Slow strangulation due to overpopulation/pollution/deforestation....etc. I figure we have plenty of time to figure out how to conserve the resources by going solar as it & other energy saving technology improves. It is just going to be a hard sell until the electric bill goes thru the roof. Mine was $190 last month-30x50 arched steel building w/14x30(520 sq ft) apt in one end insulated to R-19...........sheeesh!

RD

reminds me of a web site i came across once.

the guy was an atheist, and advertised that if christians would send him a letter, along with a fee, stating what they wanted taken care of after they leave this earth on the big judgement day, (ie: pets, cars, homes, etc,) he would take care of them.

he said that since he was an atheist, he'd be staying here and would gladly take care of the family pets or other matters for them. supposedly he made quite a bit of money!!!!!

so....if you don't intend to be around after 2012, i'll gladly take that wood. :)

Sorry for off topic... Reminds me of a story I heard at coffee shop.

Neighbor 1 to Neighbor 2 " Are you ready for judgement day, the end is near"

Neighbor 2 "Jeez how long do you think we have?"

Neighbor 1 " Not long, very soon"

Neighbor 2 " Why did you paint your barn last week?"

Was out cutting today and I got to thinking:

The last two nights I've come home from work and shows on the history channel are about the apocalypse and both are talking about the end times and how that is going to happen on Dec 21, 2012. Cosmic alignment, Nostrodomus, Mayan calander and stuff.

Well I've got enough wood cut to last me till then so since the world is coming to an end, why bother cutting any more wood.

Well, at least I'll get to see it happen, and watch a lot of people freak out about it. In some ways, this would be a good way to go. Your not going to leave anything behind, no one will greave, and you won't wish you could stay a little longer, because there won't be any place to stay. We'll all be going together. :angel:

But in the meantime, I'll keep cutting. :givebeer:

It is written that the end will come as a thief in the night.
So I am not to worried about Dec 21, 2012.

Though.... with all the leap years and leap seconds we had so far since the Mayan calender was created the day itself has probably shifted.

It is written that the end will come as a thief in the night.
So I am not to worried about Dec 21, 2012.

Though.... with all the leap years and leap seconds we had so far since the Mayan calender was created the day itself has probably shifted.

Good first post...welcome!

If mankind says it will happen a particular time, it is certain it will not happen at that time! It will be a totally unexpected shock when it happens, and only some will be "ready for it", not in terms of "things", but what's in your heart... I'll stop before the counter-religious here jump me!

Anybody ever figure the binary date for 21,12 2012 ? If I recall correctly, it goes rolls over to the next bit. If you are counting backwards it runs out of bits. and you start over.
In Numerolgy the date translates to "11" or "2". "11" being a Master Number for building upon a new idea or beginning.

I'm not worried about a new plain of existance. Or a higher level of thinking. If we are wiped off the face of the Earth I will have stayed busy till the time I go. Not much to worry about then either, if the timeline ends.

AandABooks I almost thought you were serious. Quit cutting ? yeah right !

Watch enough of those kinds of shows and you start thinking maybe someone might know something. Then you realize they are all just running their mouths to be on tv.

Hell, if some of them knew what they were talking about we wouldn't be here now or have computers because of Y2K. Got a guy at work who bought a year's worth of dry food and stored fresh water and gas in 30 gallon barrels because of Y2K.

Anybody ever figure the binary date for 21,12 2012 ? If I recall correctly, it goes rolls over to the next bit. If you are counting backwards it runs out of bits. and you start over.
In Numerolgy the date translates to "11" or "2". "11" being a Master Number for building upon a new idea or beginning.

I'm not worried about a new plain of existance. Or a higher level of thinking. If we are wiped off the face of the Earth I will have stayed busy till the time I go. Not much to worry about then either, if the timeline ends.

AandABooks I almost thought you were serious. Quit cutting ? yeah right !

I think I have figured out when the world will end. There's got to be a secret code somewhere in that binary #.

Back