Did Some Cuttin this evening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear you guys got some triggertime. Matt are you going to the upstate NY GTG? We will be there with a bunch of saws.

To bad I got home late, I wanted your Uncle to run my muff moded 560 xp, maybe next time. Hopefully I'll run into you on the 27th, I just got a load of logs and want to get it split and stacked before it gets too hot.

I wasn't too too impressed because I already knew it was going to be a good saw due to the fact that my Uncle was comparing it to his 044. Ill say that for a 60cc saw its outstanding, just like the 562xp. I only wish I had the carb issues on my 262xp figured out so I could have compared yester years #1 60cc saw to the modern versions. Hopefully on the 27th ill have it figured out by then and someone will have a 362cm, as im sure there will be plenty of 562xp's there. And yes, It is one hell of a good saw. I ran it more than any other saw yesterday.

041, missing screws and fresh gas, 12 pulls later she is a runner. Even oils : )

The 362 C is not as powerful as a 441 C, and not quite as powerful as an 044 (w/duel port muffler), but it is very close to the latter. It is not as light as an 036 or 361. The power and weight of the 362 C is between these saws, making it an excellent all around choice and very competitive with the 562 (MechanicMatt agrees with that and he has run both saws).

He was not "surprised" by the 362 C because I had previously told him how well it performed and he expected it to be good. That is not a knock on the saw.

The 362 C is not as powerful as a 441 C, and not quite as powerful as an 044 (w/duel port muffler), but it is very close to the latter. It is not as light as an 036 or 361. The power and weight of the 362 C is between these saws, making it an excellent all around choice and very competitive with the 562 (MechanicMatt agrees with that and he has run both saws).

He was not "surprised" by the 362 C because I had previously told him how well it performed and he expected it to be good. That is not a knock on the saw.
I want you to personally run a 562 so you have a comparison.

I would love to, I'm sure it will happen sooner or later. However, I have read several opinions from people who have run both saws, and one person who actually owned both saws. Most of them say performance is about the same, and then go on to prefer one or the other based on subtle differences.

That is why you don't see me knock the 562. I don't think that anyone who has one bought the wrong saw (unless it does not run right), and ditto for the 362 C.

Another AS member who has a muff ported 560 was supposed to join us yesterday, but he could not make it. Nothing I can do about that stuff.

I think more people would take your Stihl loving opinions a bit more valid and legitimate if you have run both so you have a good comparison. Right now you can't really compare them so some don't regard your opinion very high.

I think more people would take your Stihl loving opinions a bit more valid and legitimate if you have run both so you have a good comparison. Right now you can't really compare them so some don't regard your opinion very high.
Although he does have a strong 044 to compare it to? Wonder how a ported 362c will compare to a 044 Mustang?

You can think what you wish, but anyone who has run an 044 for over 20 years knows what a good saw should run like. Frankly, I don't think you would buy a 362 C-M if it was the best saw on the planet, so what's the difference what you think?

Have you ever run a broken in 362 C-M?

Although he does have a strong 044 to compare it to? Wonder how a ported 362c will compare to a 044 Mustang?

I have little doubt that a properly ported 362 C-M would be stronger (BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION, I HAVE NEVER RUN A PORTED 362). I base my opinion on reports that porting will result in a saw that cuts 30 - 40% faster. An improvement of half that would make the 362 faster.

You can think what you wish, but anyone who has run an 044 for over 20 years knows what a good saw should run like. Frankly, I don't think you would buy a 362 C-M if it was the best saw on the planet, so what's the difference what you think?

Have you ever run a broken in 362 C-M?
Oh is that so? :ices_rofl: Did you just ASSume that I hate Stihl? Careful about ASSuming.

I like a Duramax because I've run Powerstrokes and Cummins. I like Stihl because I've tried Husky.

I think it's good to compare and have personal experience before saying how amazing one is without trying the other.

Attachments

• stihl.jpg
    stihl.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 19
Man you guys crack me up. Can't we all agree that we love good running saws? Cre10, I see your point, he can't fully report that the 362 is king of the 60cc's because he has never ran a dolmar or husky. But I don't think he has ever actually come out and said "the 362xp is better...." and its because he has never ran a 562xp. He just states that he loves his 362xp, maybe a bit strongly and oh well thats his opinion. Good thing about AMERICA is we all get a opinion. My opinion is I LOVE my Husqvarnas. I respect the dolmars and the stihls, but I LOVE my Swedish saws. As for my Uncle I guess Im just used to the way he is, he used to love his .270 short mag like it was the cure for cancer. I kept preaching the .30 caliber benefits, but NOOOO he loved his Model 70 in .270 short. FINALLY he came around and bought himself another .30-06 and started hunting with it. He has a ton of other .30 caliber and larger guns but was hooked on his .270 sectional density bla bla bla blahhhh blahhhh blahhhhhhhhhh. You know type A personality type of guy, kinda like the rest of us. Ive known him to be this way for my whole life, my pops is worse. So ya gonna have to get used to it or don't read his posts. Its kinda like Xskier saying the stihl ms390 is better than a 390xp, yeah right. I read it, I chuckle to my self and I move on. I know he is a good guy, funny, and opinionated but oh well I can't change him, so zippity doo dah. Well Ive said enough.

Hey spencer, H3LLS YEAH Im interested. Don't you know, I LOVE HUSQVARNAS? What you looking to get for it??? A cup of coffee, sixer of beer????? hehehehe, maybe both????

Dude, I love the white top vintage look too. Oooooo your killing me! Ask my Uncle about my little white top he ran, he told me again how much he liked it. Stout little 50cc tree limbing machine. Last time you saw it, it had a pipe on it. I de-tune it for firewood action, but not much. Just regular muffler and a quick couple turns of the screws ; )

I couldn't make it to Bobs gtg that was Brett. I will bring that 61 up to cutting Scotts. I got me another Swedish you but is not for saleuploadfromtaptalk1397874450618.jpg

Smittybilt saws

Sorry, I get you two mixed up. He had some NASTY stihls with him at Bobs. That one saw with the 056? I think?? Top end. Was it a 064 or 066? Well anyways, that saw is a ANIMAL!

Latest posts

Back