Did You Get Anything Saw Related For Christmas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw related, I got a wrecked back out cutting down some wind blow. Slipped on an icy log and twisted in a way the body ain't meant for. Thank God my son is home on leave and was out with me or I'd of been making a phone call to get out of the woods.
Horrible timing, in a way. Son is only home for 8 days. It just means I gotta ride the wheeler out back when we go shooting.

1st world problems 😁

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Just bought a Husqvarna 365 for a song a couple of days ago as a xmas present to myself, a problem saw, so will have to go through it to get her running again. A beauty though, very very nice condition. I am doing a post on it as I work through it.

Have to buy my own presents if they are expensive it seems, as the presents ready for opening now do not appear big enough or heavy enough to have a saw in any of them for me.:chainsaw:.
I have to wait till my son, his wife and grand-kid get up in the morning before I go near anything under the tree.

Nothing this year.Wasnt really anything that I needed or wanted,that I could think of anyway.So I didnt bother giving out a list of ''hints'' to various family members....

The best Christmas present I could get (or any other kind) is still being alive.Actually not just alive but stronger now & thriving than before my Covid episode & sudden trip to the hospital 2 years ago.When I was wheeled into the ER via ambulance ride (unconscious) I ended up staying 31 days before going home. Under a morphine (or something else) induced coma for 50 some hours while the doctors & nurses worked their magic in keeping me alive - (went in on a Fri afternoon,woke up late Sunday evening) in the ICU not knowing who I was,or where I was at. 3 heart stoppages in a couple hours thanks to Covid caused blood clots on heart,1 lung,bronchial pneumonia with a high fever,among other issues.Losing 30 pounds,no solid food for 22 days,just IV delivering my meds,various nutrients,on respirator the first 3 days,the first 3-4 days were the worst,even after I woke up.

Its been over 2 years & there's still things I dont remember happening,bits & pieces have gradually come back,plus staying in contact with a couple of the wonderful nurses who have filled in some of the details what happened,what I said/did the first 3 days.I'd always heard that your mind blocks out at least part of certain traumatic events as a protection measure,that makes sense to me.

Spending Christmas & New Year's Day in the hospital wasnt much fun (even with the incredibly nice & caring nurses keeping me company & putting up with my stubborness,sarcasm and warped sense of humor,most of them thought it was hilarious,which was nice for a change) Once you go through a traumatic experience like that & literally survive it really changes your perspective on things,I certainly dont take any ordinary things for granted now.....

I don't think that it was meant to be "saw related", but I got a really nice work lamp LED thingy that goes on your head. Really bright, and you can adjust the angle and beam. Gonna use that when I'm sharpening in the woods, and the sun is starting to go down, just so I can see what the eff I'm doing.
Also got electric socks! Thin, light, and have rechargeable Lithium -Ion power packs. Gonna keep the toes toasty, if I've got to spend some time out cutting in sub zero weather. I don't usually cut in the Winter, but if something comes down, it needs to be dealt with. They'll get to do double duty when I go ice fishing.

Latest posts

Back