Did You Get Anything Saw Related For Christmas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing this year.Wasnt really anything that I needed or wanted,that I could think of anyway.So I didnt bother giving out a list of ''hints'' to various family members....

The best Christmas present I could get (or any other kind) is still being alive.Actually not just alive but stronger now & thriving than before my Covid episode & sudden trip to the hospital 2 years ago.When I was wheeled into the ER via ambulance ride (unconscious) I ended up staying 31 days before going home. Under a morphine (or something else) induced coma for 50 some hours while the doctors & nurses worked their magic in keeping me alive - (went in on a Fri afternoon,woke up late Sunday evening) in the ICU not knowing who I was,or where I was at. 3 heart stoppages in a couple hours thanks to Covid caused blood clots on heart,1 lung,bronchial pneumonia with a high fever,among other issues.Losing 30 pounds,no solid food for 22 days,just IV delivering my meds,various nutrients,on respirator the first 3 days,the first 3-4 days were the worst,even after I woke up.

Its been over 2 years & there's still things I dont remember happening,bits & pieces have gradually come back,plus staying in contact with a couple of the wonderful nurses who have filled in some of the details what happened,what I said/did the first 3 days.I'd always heard that your mind blocks out at least part of certain traumatic events as a protection measure,that makes sense to me.

Spending Christmas & New Year's Day in the hospital wasnt much fun (even with the incredibly nice & caring nurses keeping me company & putting up with my stubborness,sarcasm and warped sense of humor,most of them thought it was hilarious,which was nice for a change) Once you go through a traumatic experience like that & literally survive it really changes your perspective on things,I certainly dont take any ordinary things for granted now.....
God bless you! I am glad you made it through.

I got a big Ham. Neighbor likes to buy food for people.

Food is great, as well as anything else "consumable". Bullets are fine if you do lots of shooting.

I tell everyone that I have enough junk. give me something that won't be filling up the house next year at this time.
Plus, that makes it easy for everyone to shop for. I like eating pretty much whatever gets set before me.

I think my family is trying to test my stamina, though. I got several bottles of hot sauce, and the Ghost Pepper and Scorpion pepper sauce look dangerous.

Food is great, as well as anything else "consumable". Bullets are fine if you do lots of shooting.

I tell everyone that I have enough junk. give me something that won't be filling up the house next year at this time.
Plus, that makes it easy for everyone to shop for. I like eating pretty much whatever gets set before me.

I think my family is trying to test my stamina, though. I got several bottles of hot sauce, and the Ghost Pepper and Scorpion pepper sauce look dangerous.
My sons engage in macho contests to see how hot they can take it, including eating Carolina Reaper peppers directly. I like spicy food, and can take it pretty hot. But I have no desire to inflict as much pain as possible on myself. Once it gets beyond a certain level, it does not taste good, and it hurts. Not for me. I will put a few drops of Carolina Reaper sauce in a bowl of chili, and that makes it hot enough for me, and too hot for most "normal" people. Use you hot sauce sparingly to see what level you like. And avoid getting it on your skin, especially on your hands when you are about to go number 1 in the bathroom! :)

I have another neighbor that buys and buys and buys. She'll do an inventory, see what is expired and give it to me. I have an industrial sized bottle of Vitamin C that expired 3+ years ago. Maybe, just maybe it has lost some of it's effectiveness, but is not harmful as I have been popping a couple a day, now several months now.

My sons engage in macho contests to see how hot they can take it, including eating Carolina Reaper peppers directly. I like spicy food, and can take it pretty hot. But I have no desire to inflict as much pain as possible on myself. Once it gets beyond a certain level, it does not taste good, and it hurts. Not for me. I will put a few drops of Carolina Reaper sauce in a bowl of chili, and that makes it hot enough for me, and too hot for most "normal" people. Use you hot sauce sparingly to see what level you like. And avoid getting it on your skin, especially on your hands when you are about to go number 1 in the bathroom! :)

Yep. I like spicy, but not painful. The funny thing is, what I like is painful to others. What some folks find satisfactory is painful to me.

When I was in college, mild picante sauce would have me on fire, sweating and everything. Tabasco was unimaginably hot. In more recent times, I can eat Tabasco by the spoonful and not feel uncomfortable. It's a matter of exposure.

Pictures? How are you stowing that throw line.

I have suggestions if you haven't figured it out yet.
Saw is still shipping at the moment, same with the throw line. Guess I should've said I ordered a bunch of stuff for myself. I haven't come up with a solution for the line, but as a weekend warrior 40+ bucks for a store bought solution was a bit heavy. I'd like something I can stuff in the tool box of my utility quad since that's what I'm usually working from.

Ok then. How many feet of throw line, and what kind is it?

Handling throw lines is almost a science. Do it wrong, and all you have is a tangle of string that takes longer to use than just climbing the tree without it.

Back