Didn't Know There Was Any Left (372 XPW)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SierraMtns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Cool to see one in a box. Sounds like he has 5 more. I bet he wants crazy money for them.

I would like to see some videos on porting the 2511T.

Mods please edit title. I meant to write "Didn't Know There Was Any Left (372 XPW)"

This is what happens after working a long day and posting while tired.

372 OE was originally released in ‘01, optionally upgraded to a 75cc jug between 09 and ‘12 if you bought the XPW Weat coast version using the piston and cylinder from the concrete cutoff saw. It made more torque, but didn’t spool up fast, so to use as a chainsaw engine usually required heavy port work and modification. Still, it was a more powerful saw than the original version because it had more displacement.

Then the x-torq 372xp replaced the OE versions with a strato cylinder (no auto tune at this point) around 2012. Although many of the parts changed (handle, top cover, muffler, cylinder, piston, etc... ) some stayed the same (cases, fuel tank, etc). They kept the name 372 to ride on the popularity of the original, but it was a completely different saw. Still about 71cc.

Then husqvarna tried replacing the 372xp XT with the 575 which also had x-torq strato tech and the first auto tune system. There were all kinds of problems, so the 372xp XT stayed on the shelf along side it and continued to sell. The 575XP was such a problem, Husqvarna quickly replaced it with the upgraded 576xp. It was bigger, stronger than the 372xp XT, but heavier and less maneuverable. The 372XP XT was still kept on shelves and sold along side the 576XP.

Then the 572XP (also x-torq, also auto tune) came along in 2018 and replaced both the 372xp xT and the 576xp XT (both of those are now discontinued).

What he has is the 75cc saw from ‘09. It would have been great if he brought these out 2 years ago, but since the release of the 572XP, I think there will be less interest. I have a 75cc 372XPW, and have used a 572XP, and I’d rather have the 572XP if I were going to buy a new saw. It’s just a better saw all around.

372 OE was originally released in ‘01, optionally upgraded to a 75cc jug between 09 and ‘12 if you bought the XPW Weat coast version using the piston and cylinder from the concrete cutoff saw. It made more torque, but didn’t spool up fast, so to use as a chainsaw engine usually required heavy port work and modification. Still, it was a more powerful saw than the original version because it had more displacement.

Then the x-torq 372xp replaced the OE versions with a strato cylinder (no auto tune at this point) around 2012. Although many of the parts changed (handle, top cover, muffler, cylinder, piston, etc... ) some stayed the same (cases, fuel tank, etc). They kept the name 372 to ride on the popularity of the original, but it was a completely different saw. Still about 71cc.

Then husqvarna tried replacing the 372xp XT with the 575 which also had x-torq strato tech and the first auto tune system. There were all kinds of problems, so the 372xp XT stayed on the shelf along side it and continued to sell. The 575XP was such a problem, Husqvarna quickly replaced it with the upgraded 576xp. It was bigger, stronger than the 372xp XT, but heavier and less maneuverable. The 372XP XT was still kept on shelves and sold along side the 576XP.

Then the 572XP (also x-torq, also auto tune) came along in 2018 and replaced both the 372xp xT and the 576xp XT (both of those are now discontinued).

What he has is the 75cc saw from ‘09. It would have been great if he brought these out 2 years ago, but since the release of the 572XP, I think there will be less interest. I have a 75cc 372XPW, and have used a 572XP, and I’d rather have the 572XP if I were going to buy a new saw. It’s just a better saw all around.
Wow that was a good read! Without that info I had no idea what the OP was talking about.

Except the cases are different from OE to Xtorq.xtorq cylinder is taller and has a different length flange in the bottom of it.so a xtorq cylinder will not fit in a OE set of cases without some modifications.but a OE cylinder will fit on xtorq cases.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

There are XT XPW’s. They have the same smaller top end, but come with the high discharge cover, big dawgs and full wrap. Those ones aren’t worth much.

The OE XPW is the 460 version of a 372 and pretty great. If that’s what he has, someone will want them.

Latest posts

Back