Dirtbikes please!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motocross Maniacs? WTF are those things on your bars...woods rider!!!!!!!

P1000189.jpg

269787_257444250936272_100000120972995_1235252_6453504_n.jpg

282777_257444304269600_100000120972995_1235253_1016722_n.jpg

P1000136.jpg

P1000135.jpg

This is my last bike i sold it a while back, the rest of the pics are me on buddys bikes. One is a crf250 with a 290 kit the white one is a crf 450. This is a 02 yzf 250
x.jpg

b.jpg

Heres a video, im the first guy to come around...

I used to do a lot of trail riding on my XR600r.....Riding was fine but kick strating that thing played havoc on my back.

Heres me last Wednesday night.....been a while since i rode at night. 09 crf 450 fuel injected corners like a dream!

dd.jpg

Plmcrzy

Awesome pics man! I'm really thinkin of either a CRF230 or CRF250. I noticed theirs quite a bit of difference in price. The reason i'm thinking of getting one is because in a few years I will be getting my little girl a Yammaha PW50, and I want to ride with her. I started riding in 1977 with a 1976 Honda 50 Parakeet Yellow! I loved that little bike. I then went to an XR75, but after that no more. Here recently I have been riding and 05 CRF100, and it's a lot of fun, but not really big enough. Thanks for any advice between the CRF230 & CRF250

Awesome pics man! I'm really thinkin of either a CRF230 or CRF250. I noticed theirs quite a bit of difference in price. The reason i'm thinking of getting one is because in a few years I will be getting my little girl a Yammaha PW50, and I want to ride with her. I started riding in 1977 with a 1976 Honda 50 Parakeet Yellow! I loved that little bike. I then went to an XR75, but after that no more. Here recently I have been riding and 05 CRF100, and it's a lot of fun, but not really big enough. Thanks for any advice between the CRF230 & CRF250

a crf 230 is a junk beginner bike, it has a aircooled motor and crap suspension. The crf250 is a full blown race bike, great suspension, great engine, its meant to be ridden/raced it can handle the abuse you put on it. If your over 150 pounds i would def. get the 250 even a 450. Everyone thinks a 450 is just absolutely crazy in power. To a point it is, but if your a beginner and you respect the throttle its gonna be a great bike. I rode novice 250f and i rode the piss out of my 250f i loved it, i got on a 450 and hated it to much power blah blah blah. Now I cant ride a 250f anymore, theres not enough power, i catch myself on the rev limiter on the 450 as well. They do have grunt some turns i come into i will stay in 3rd and slip the clutch and it just pulls.

Bottom line is get the 250f you will be disappointed with that lousy 230 its just a backyard basher bike. The 250f will do anything you want and then some. Like i said if your over 150 pounds look into some 450s.

a crf 230 is a junk beginner bike, it has a aircooled motor and crap suspension. The crf250 is a full blown race bike, great suspension, great engine, its meant to be ridden/raced it can handle the abuse you put on it. If your over 150 pounds i would def. get the 250 even a 450. Everyone thinks a 450 is just absolutely crazy in power. To a point it is, but if your a beginner and you respect the throttle its gonna be a great bike. I rode novice 250f and i rode the piss out of my 250f i loved it, i got on a 450 and hated it to much power blah blah blah. Now I cant ride a 250f anymore, theres not enough power, i catch myself on the rev limiter on the 450 as well. They do have grunt some turns i come into i will stay in 3rd and slip the clutch and it just pulls.

Bottom line is get the 250f you will be disappointed with that lousy 230 its just a backyard basher bike. The 250f will do anything you want and then some. Like i said if your over 150 pounds look into some 450s.

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I will really look at the 250's then. I bet i could find a really nice used one.

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I will really look at the 250's then. I bet i could find a really nice used one.

Ya get a older one like 04+ 2k can get you a decent one im sure. If you do get a honda....they eat valves, if its hard to start when its hot the valves are shot. I'd get a yzf 250 bulletproof and plenty of power...

Ya get a older one like 04+ 2k can get you a decent one im sure. If you do get a honda....they eat valves, if its hard to start when its hot the valves are shot. I'd get a yzf 250 bulletproof and plenty of power...

Cool. But man oh man, I've always loved the looks of those Kawasaki's . Whats up those?

Cool. But man oh man, I've always loved the looks of those Kawasaki's . Whats up those?
Depends on what year. A few years they had weak trannys. Other years they were spot on. The 450s have had more issues though i believe. They are all decent just have there quirks. But if i were you i would go yamaha. That 02 yzf i had did 3 race seasons along with millions of practice rides. I checked the valves before i sold it and they were in spec. I'd imagine its still running like a top. See yamaha had such a good 250f motor it never changed from 02 to 06 maybe later i dunno. I mean there was a few things that changed but the overall design didnt change a bit. Its a great engine its like that ford straight 6 that goes on forever!

Depends on what year. A few years they had weak trannys. Other years they were spot on. The 450s have had more issues though i believe. They are all decent just have there quirks. But if i were you i would go yamaha. That 02 yzf i had did 3 race seasons along with millions of practice rides. I checked the valves before i sold it and they were in spec. I'd imagine its still running like a top. See yamaha had such a good 250f motor it never changed from 02 to 06 maybe later i dunno. I mean there was a few things that changed but the overall design didnt change a bit. Its a great engine its like that ford straight 6 that goes on forever!

Cool man! And again THANK YOU! I really,really appreciate the good info. You know, I may as well gowith a Yammer-Hammer,as I will begetting my little girl a PW50.

Maclaren, are you planning on racing? If not, you may want to think about a bike with a wider powerband. My buddy has a yzf250 and it is peaky in the woods IMO. Very fast, but they are designed for the track, not trails or putting around on.

Maclaren, are you planning on racing? If not, you may want to think about a bike with a wider powerband. My buddy has a yzf250 and it is peaky in the woods IMO. Very fast, but they are designed for the track, not trails or putting around on.

Right on man. No, no racing for me. Whatever it will be it will be a trail version. God, I remember the differences between the old CR's and XR's. LOL, I was an XR man all the way. The powerband on those CR's were plum dangerous IMO!

So you gear it taller.... Mclaren if your gonna just ride trails get a honda crf250x its a trailbike with the same goodies as the mx. Suspension is slightly softer, and the ignition map is way tamer! They have a light and a tailight. Very nice bikes i rode my buddies Dad's 450x i loved it for the woods. Mx it wasnt to fun, felt like flying a pig thru the air.

So you gear it taller. Mclaren if your gonna just ride trails get a honda crf250x its a trailbike with the same goodies as the mx. Suspension is slightly softer, and the ignition map is way tamer! They have a light and a tailight. Very nice bikes i rode my buddies Dad's 450x i loved it for the woods. Mx it wasnt to fun, felt like flying a pig thru the air.

Man PLMCRZY, Im sorry dude. Thats what i was talkin bout all along. The CRF230X and CRF250X. Oops. But hell, i got a dand good education on MotoCross!! Seriously, Thank You.

Back