Discontinued or Not?!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam501

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly how it works with Husky and several of the models that keep coming up in discussion as to whether or not they are discontinued? I can't get a straight answer out of them on this. I figured it probably has to do with EPA credits and such, but nonetheless it's frustrating. As i've mentioned in previous posts i am being told it's just a maybe on the 372xp, while other dealers i read are getting them already, been told there have been no 365's since october(yet another dealer not too far away from me, told me they just got some more on their last order), and then was told last week that 55's are available again. Then there's the 362xp's which we have and can still get but they won't put in the book. Needless to say none of others are in our manual anymore either. Any other dealers or anyone else have any insight on this? It's not a real big deal but it's driving me nuts. I want to have something concrete to tell customers.

Sorry Cam, but there's no such thing as a straight answer on these matters. And the confusion will continue as more and more models are "canceled" in the transition to the X-torque designs.

You are correct that EPA credits are part of the equation.

For the saws you mentioned.

372--3200 coming in this year, and the price is up about $100 from last year.

365-- I don't believe theer are any left.

362-- Were on a closeout sheet at the end of the year. Don't expect there will be any more after they are gone.

Jonsered, 2165 and 2171 are still available as regular models.

Of course, all of this information is subject to change by tomorrow!!

Hi Cam, Where are you located? Beech, Mountains or Piedmont. We may have the same salesman. I understand your pain as I often get weird answers when I ask questions. I'm not sure anyone at Husky can or will give any straight answers. I just ride the waves. Tony

Hi Cam, Where are you located? Beech, Mountains or Piedmont. We may have the same salesman. I understand your pain as I often get weird answers when I ask questions. I'm not sure anyone at Husky can or will give any straight answers. I just ride the waves. Tony

in the mountains. I don't pester my rep too much with this stuff, usually i just call the dealer 800 number.

Back