Do most chainsaws eventually leak?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually not very common problem unless a fuel line is split and leaking, fuel tank is cracked, fuel cap seal is leaking, or if the inlet needle in the carburetor is leaking and lets gasoline fill the engine or leak out the carburetor.
The most common leak on saws is the bar oil, because that's just what they do.
Mac, he's started another thread about the same thing. His saw leaks bar oil, when there is fuel in the tank. He's a troll.

Mac, he's started another thread about the same thing. His saw leaks bar oil, when there is fuel in the tank. He's a troll.
I don't think it's a troll, it's the guys that sell the carb parts under the "Hipa" brand. They make a lot of replacement carbs, carb kits, etc.
It's all made in China, but most of the OEM carbs on anything less than premium has a made in China carb to begin with.
I think the language barrier makes them seem sketchy? But I think they're looking for ideas on saw problems.
Maybe Im wrong who knows, but you want my opinion, someone needs to make these carb parts, coils, and so on when the OE manufacturer decides to stop supporting their older products with replacement parts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221211-231833.png
    Screenshot_20221211-231833.png
    432.2 KB · Views: 0
They're also a site sponsor, click on the profile.
Hey they stuck around while we posted a bunch of joking BS haha, I figured I'd throw em a bone.

I just plop all my saws on top of a pile of dry firewood when I am done using them. If the chain oil decides to leak, I'll burn it up next winter.....

Seriously, the oilers do seem to be the leak point. I have saws from 2-30 years old and it seems they all will make a puddle on the concrete if you leave them there long enough.

I have hard cases for some saws, and find myself trying to drain the accumulated oil every year or so. Gotta prop them up to let a slow drain (bar oil is slow) onto the firewood.

Latest posts

Back