Do NOT buy Joncutter bars!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly some people are still ignorant of the fact HF is actually trying to move to a higher quality line of tool as well as their cheap stuff. I bought their Doyle line of screwdrivers and pliers and they are great tools. But some will never acknowledge this since they have never tried these tools. Do I own top of the line tools? yes but I also actually took the time to try other stuff before condemning it. I guess it's hard to see or acknowledge stuff when you are looking down your nose at things while sitting on your high horse.

Did china rip off design? yes. Does Japan? you better know it. Get into one of their auto plants and you will see them pull in new US made vehicles and tear it apart and measure every last piece of it. I would be willing to bet the US auto industry does the same thing.

Ones thing you left out. Inconsistency.....

The Chinese tools are all over the place. You buy one set of wrenches and they are good. You buy another set for your brother and they are soft as butter.

Use SnapOn as 100% say. Id rather have Chinese tools at a constant 75% than have 95% here and 50% here.

I just want to know what I am buying.

Like buying beef. Prime ......choice........what I’d get for my ex.

You want to get what you pay for.

My $.02

Ones thing you left out. Inconsistency.....

The Chinese tools are all over the place. You buy one set of wrenches and they are good. You buy another set for your brother and they are soft as butter.

Use SnapOn as 100% say. Id rather have Chinese tools at a constant 75% than have 95% here and 50% here.

I just want to know what I am buying.

Like buying beef. Prime ......choice........what I’d get for my ex.

You want to get what you pay for.

My $.02
Here's the thing, I don't have a problem with you wanting to buy top of the line (again I own some as well). However it just gets old to hear the same thing over and over again that if I don't buy top of the line then I am wasting my money blah blah blah blah. My point is if a person chooses to spend their money on say something in the middle it's their money and they get to do what they want and shouldn't have to listen to the same tired crap spewed out over and over about you should have bought a $1K set of wrenches to change the oil in your car, or whatever item you choose to use as an example.

It's the buyers choice how he spends his money and his business, it's not my place to tell someone how/when/where and what to buy with THEIR money. The OP said he bought a cheap bar and the OP was giving the details of what happened with his money and in this case it didn't turn out to be a product that was worth the money, is that to say that if you don't buy the absolute most expensive item then you are getting sub par? No and we all know this.

My main point is he explained what happened when he bought this bar and was letting others know in his opinion it wasn't worth it and explaining why, only to be jumped on by the typical "if you didn't buy the most expensive then you wasted your money" group that you always see spewing this crap.

Here's the thing, I don't have a problem with you wanting to buy top of the line (again I own some as well). However it just gets old to hear the same thing over and over again that if I don't buy top of the line then I am wasting my money blah blah blah blah. My point is if a person chooses to spend their money on say something in the middle it's their money and they get to do what they want and shouldn't have to listen to the same tired crap spewed out over and over about you should have bought a $1K set of wrenches to change the oil in your car, or whatever item you choose to use as an example.

It's the buyers choice how he spends his money and his business, it's not my place to tell someone how/when/where and what to buy with THEIR money. The OP said he bought a cheap bar and the OP was giving the details of what happened with his money and in this case it didn't turn out to be a product that was worth the money, is that to say that if you don't buy the absolute most expensive item then you are getting sub par? No and we all know this.

My main point is he explained what happened when he bought this bar and was letting others know in his opinion it wasn't worth it and explaining why, only to be jumped on by the typical "if you didn't buy the most expensive then you wasted your money" group that you always see spewing this crap.

Soooooo.........you didnt read my post or was I not clear .......

I said I didn’t mind having Chinese at a 75% tool..... I did say that right........as long as I was getting a 75% tool.........

Sooooop ..........How is that being elitist and saying you have to buy the best?

Just said I want to know what I am buying.

Splain to me Lucy......

I was just clarifying my point of view. I was not calling you an elitist. I said you see the same group doing it. I'm guessing you are thinking I am lumping you in there with them?

So: What you talking about Willis.

Sadly some people are still ignorant of the fact HF is actually trying to move to a higher quality line of tool as well as their cheap stuff. I bought their Doyle line of screwdrivers and pliers and they are great tools. But some will never acknowledge this since they have never tried these tools. Do I own top of the line tools? yes but I also actually took the time to try other stuff before condemning it. I guess it's hard to see or acknowledge stuff when you are looking down your nose at things while sitting on your high horse.

Did china rip off design? yes. Does Japan? you better know it. Get into one of their auto plants and you will see them pull in new US made vehicles and tear it apart and measure every last piece of it. I would be willing to bet the US auto industry does the same thing.

Get a grip.

So they produce a 'quality' product that's better than the junk they used to (and still do) sell. It's twice as good as the junk, and still a quarter as good as the quality tools we American's used to produce.

Get a grip.

So they produce a 'quality' product that's better than the junk they used to (and still do) sell. It's twice as good as the junk, and still a quarter as good as the quality tools we American's used to produce.
And there it is, We USED to produce, your making progress. There is plenty of "junk" being made here now to.

You're on the road to a realization here.

Why are we producing junk now?
Yes, plenty of products made in the US unfortunately fall under that, but I'm not under the misconception just because it is made here in the US that it is superior to something made somewhere else. Also, and I know it's going to come as a shocker so prepare yourself, there is greed here by manufacturers/producers/etc to cut quality in order to make a larger profit. Don't worry it will eventually come to you, you are making progress and that's what counts.

Yes, plenty of products made in the US unfortunately fall under that, but I'm not under the misconception just because it is made here in the US that it is superior to something made somewhere else. Also, and I know it's going to come as a shocker so prepare yourself, there is greed here by manufacturers/producers/etc to cut quality in order to make a larger profit. Don't worry it will eventually come to you, you are making progress and that's what counts.
lol ok pal

Japan was entirely different actually.
They had no factories. They started from scratch making very simple things.
They had to make crap because they had no machines to do it.
China puts a CNC on a dirt floor and makes crap. Yes. It would as done.
Japan quickly changed.

After the war China had less destruction than Japan.

And Japan started spanking our butts in motorcycles in the 60s.

They were winning Formula 1 races in the 60s!!!!!

And China is STILL making crap. Unless YOU QC the product in the Factory.....you are screwed.

Can you imagine a Chinese Formula 1 car.......
Be careful where you say "Bag Bomb", might get you anal-yzed more than you want :p

I just enjoy word play.
I appreciate word play most when the "GOTcHA GETS YA":)

I was just clarifying my point of view. I was not calling you an elitist. I said you see the same group doing it. I'm guessing you are thinking I am lumping you in there with them?

So: What you talking about Willis.
Just figured you meant me because you quoted.........me.
And then said .......you.

No sweat. Just couldn’t figure it out

Back