Do you really need a saw that big?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodbuster22

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
That's the question I've been getting from a lot of my buddies. "Do you really need a saw that big?"

Now, until I got the 066 running good, I would sheepishly admit, "no I really don't, I just want one" Now that I've run that magnificent orange and white tree eating machine, the question becomes, "who doesn't need a saw that big?"

If they only had one, they would understand why everybody needs one.

Anyway, I'm still fooling with the carb a little. But all in all, that thing is a lot of fun to have around.

For all those one saw people out there, I can honestly say, if I could only have one saw, I would take the 066. That thing just cuts to fast not to love it.

Yup we do. My neighbor has a tree service and he always asks me why i need 22 saws and why i have a 100cc saw since i am just a homeowner and not a professional like him. Because i can :) ...Bob

Well do I need a Ms460... NO. Do I need two top handle saws... NO. Do I need 8 saws... NO. It is just fun...:clap:

my stihl 064 makes me say that same thing

LOL I have ran my 064 about 7 tanks and the grin keeps growing. I have a 24" b&c and IT is my "new" favorite saw. It is a very fast saw. Now time for a muffler mod to mine and we'll see how that makes it run! good luck with yours!

If theres any of my three saws I don't need, it's the 260. :)

The 660 and 361 get most of the use in my work. The 361 gets the majority, but the 660 has it's place. Sometimes I have to cut 1000's of feet of trees out of fencerows before we rebuild the fences. Have to cut the stumps flush and fight old wire all day. :dizzy: Big saw is the only way to get it done.

If they only had one, they would understand why everybody needs one.

Or two
attachment.php

That's the question I've been getting from a lot of my buddies. "Do you really need a saw that big?"

So do I! :dizzy: My friends also make me that question and my answer is "because I'm lazy and long is the time the old 009 L is gone!". The biggest saw I have is a 460, but boy, oh boy, how do I love that saw! All I cut is firewood but now I can do it in a timely and effortless manner! Yesterday 2 cubic meters of tree were processed in about 2 hours. A mighty dead cypress tree 80 cm at the base.

PS: Wish I had a 066 as well !

Last edited:
I think your buddies have what is commonly know as "saw envy". :biggrinbounce2:

And yes, you do really need a saw that big and the more, the better!

There are certainly worse things to spend money on than a big a$$ chainsaw.

It is a rush when you have something that cuts fast. I am a part time saw guy, but it is nice to get out after a rough day of work and release tension on some large rounds with my Dolmar 7900.

Latest posts

Back