Do you still have the 1st chainsaw that you ran?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was a Husqvarna 61 that I purchased new in 1986. It cleared my house lot and cut many a cord of fire wood. Never a problem with that saw.I still have it and it runs great, but is retired to the shed with lots of good memories.Great saw! :msp_thumbup:

Oh, youse guys are gonna laff at this one ...

First of all, congrats Chris! Really cool that you have your first and got it from your Dad!

Yes! I have my first and it is from my Dad, too! The Wen 2000! Seriously!

:yoyo:

I wish. Man that would be cool. I was pretty young. Dont remember model. Loved saw's then, and running them, but didn't know jack about models, back then. Remember it was a homelite though.

I used my Grandad's Homelites until I was 16, then I bought a yellow saw. It's long gone, but I do have my Grandad's first saw, a Mall 12A, he bought in 1951.
I have a Super 250 that I bought in '79, my last new logging saw.

Nice Randy, cool stuff. I grew up with Homelite, and Mcculoch. I started into Stihl in the late 80's I think. Never forget the Homelite, and Mac's though. Ran alot, and there was many around.:msp_biggrin:

My first saw was a Poulan 4200 w/24" bow blade bought new in 1978 if I remember correctly. Worn out 1 chain on it. The tank is semi-retired. Found Dad's 44 Husky 18" in the barn when I moved to NC in 2000. It had been in the barn for 16 years. When I tried to start it I pulled til I was out of breath. Remembered a trick my saw man told me about. Poured a little mixing oil in the cyl. pulled a couple times to distribute the oil. Put the plug back in ran on pull two. Been running great ever since. That 44 started my CAD up to 100+ mostly Husky. I collect older Husky's ie: 133,238, 240s/sg etc.
Shep

I do. I was going through some of the tools that I inherited from my father, and found his old cahinsaw. I haven't yet found the missing parts, might not have all of them, but I know that I have a couple of them.

Anybody else notice the chain is on backwards???

Mine was a McCulloch Eager Beaver electric with a 14in Bar&Chain.

not the first chainsaw I used but the first saw I did use a lot, took me a good number of years to actually get her, but I did and now she is all mine! I just rebuilt her and she goes as good as when I first got to fall in love with her!

Oh and one of my brothers still has the first saw I ever cut with it was a little top handled echo. Weighed almost as much as my 660 does and had like a 10 or 12 inch bar. still runs great too!

Yep, the PM610 'cinder block' 60cc of raw torque (notice I said torque... I've buried this 20" bar in green poplar and it still begged to be leaned on.) Not the fastest cutting, but definitely has a nice exhaust note, and definitely has tons of torque for its size.

Still runs and cuts good.

Poplar???? It's only slightly harder than balsa......Put 20" of that torque monster in a live oak crotch and listen to the revs drop!!!! J/K.... I used to carve poplar tobacco sticks into boats as a kid. I would catch a few minutes at the barn while waiting on the next load and whittle away. I still have one I carved somewhere. Around here poplar is a nuisance tree. I have some 90 ft'rs on the farm. I keep thinking of dropping one just for fun. Maybe I'll get the 026 out and have a go.

Yes, the Stihl 08S. I remember that saw as far back as the late 70's. It still fires right up too.

I have my dad's Poulan 66 with .404 on a bow. It will still crank and cut. It is LOUD, heavy, and slow, but it was all we had and we thought we had a lot!!! I started using it when I was about 12 years old.

Not the first saw, but the first one I went into the firewood business with. 041, and it still cuts well. Sometimes I use it just to hear it idle, lol.

My first chainsaw was a little plastic one that my mother claims was my favorite toy when I was a year or 2. My first actual saw is the little red craftsman in my signature, my first real saw was the 460 Rancher I bought myself for my first father's day and thus began an addiction.

Mac 10-10 that was my Dad's. I recently rescued it from the barn (hadn't been used in close to 15 years) and brought it back to life. It was fun to hear it run and cut with it again.

I don't have the first I ran, but I still have the first I owned - Stihl 011 AV. Still in great shape and runs super after over 20 years of occasional use, but this year I had to put another oiler in it and have new fuel line put in. I don't really need it anymore since acquiring terminal CAD a few years ago, so I'm selling it to a buddy who just needs to do some trim work on his property. He's getting a gallon of 50:1 93 octane E-free mix, a file, a scrench, a free one-hour lesson on mixing, starting, safety, cutting, tuning, and sharpening... and the phone number of a good Stihl saw man to take it to so I don't have to see it ever again.:msp_wink:

Back