Do you trust 50 to 1 mix,or add more?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using Opti-2 with their standard recommended mix for the last year. All I know is that my saws seem to run better and cleaner with it ....does anyone else have experince with this product and if so how does it compare to the Mobil oil I see mentioned here? Do you need to use Sta-bil with the Mobil oil?

results of search on Opti-2...also brings up many old discussions on mix....lots of talk by many of us, including the opinionated but knowledgable bwalker....

http://www.arboristsite.com/search.php?searchid=151700

I have the Opti-2 data sheets, and have talked to a local shop guy who likes it..but have passed on it based on Ben's opinion.

This must be the most discussed topic, EVER! I am pleased with mx2t at 50:1 in my saws. My 372 runs very clean and strong, and I just "standardized" the Pioneer to this mix. Run more oil if you like it that way, and can adjust the carb to run well.

Is there a happy medium oil ratio mix?

Hi guys :dizzy:

just thought I would get into this very interesting subject and ask a question of my own. I have machinery including a Dolmar 120si and other mowers and brushcutters etc and they vary in age a fair bit. Is it possible that older type machinery may need a different ratio, ie more oil than newer machinery. I see all of the mixes of 25:1, 32:1, 40:1 and 50:1 and I guess there are others too. It appears to me that if one could mix the one ratio to suit all of the machinery, it would be a lot easier to store and no need to use several containers. It sometimes is mentioned by members that they vary the oil content in their machinery anyway. Anyone with any ideas please? :)

The older machinery that specifies use of a 10:1 ratio, or something in that area, was built WAY before we had the modern 2 stroke oils, like back when all they had was 30w non detergent oil, and the engines are built for low rpms too, so using a modern oil at 40:1 would be just fine in almost EVERYTHING 2 cycle.

I am using shindaiwa 50:1 oil in my homelite linetrimmer, Victa VSX165 lawnmower and most recently the Pioneer 1130 chainsaw (supposed to run 16:1) all of them run fine and I swear by the brand of oil I use. My mix consists of 5 litres of 91 unleaded fuel and 100 millilitres + an extra 30-40 millilitres for extra measure to the 5 litres of fuel and it runs clean on all my 2 stroke equipment

Latest posts

Back