does anyone else do this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only time saws ever come in the house here is for taking pictures. Our bedroom is for my wife and me. Even the kids need permission to go in there. Dogs stay outside too.

If they have never been fueled up I could see myself admiring them for awhile inside before I put them to work. After that they stay on a shelf in the heated garage.:)

Once in awhile I bring one in to thaw out by the fireplace, If I am working on it. No heated garage here. I have a shop in my basement where I work on guns and saws. Wife dose not even mind when I run one in the basement once in a while.

wife and daughters are laughing wandering if anyone else keeps there saws in there bedroom? they laugh say i crazy,what do i do wake up and say wow you gals look sharp today.........ANYONE ELSE AS BAD AS ME?
THEY SLEEP ON THE FLOOR BY MY BED..........:blob2:BUT NO I HAVENT NAMED THEM YET,I TRY NOT TO PLAY FAVORITES,I TREAT ALL MY KIDS THE SAME;) LOL
I'm a girl and I have 2 chainsaws in my bedroom! I got rid of books so I had shelf space for my saws! I wanted to wake up and see them! Plus, I name all of our saws! I also, made my husband get rid of and move his stuff so I could have 18 of my saws in our house. They range from our bedroom, to the second bedroom, and the living room. If ya think chainsaws are scary and dangerous then don't walk around my house at night, your likely to get bit by one of them! You can't play hop scotch with a chainsaws, you will always loose! Ha Ha!

Come on man! I don't want my bedroom stinking like mix and bar oil. You should seek help for that dude..lol. Chainsaws in the bedroom..... Wholly craps. Haaahaahaa!
Nothing like waking up to the smell of bar oil in the morning! Ha Ha! I love it! I personally start up our saws so I can smell them! What does that say about me since I'm a woman?!? Ha Ha! -Michelle

When it's too cold to work in the shop I will bring one into the den and work on it while I watch tv. But I don't start them up in the house.

Never been gassed I might throw one in the corner of the bedroom if no garage and no safe place outside. I kept a chevy racing short block and heads in my bedroom for several years. Very little storage inside or outside that little house, open carport, a little laundry room with no door on it jammed full of washer and dryer, horrible humidity in there anyway. I could have bought a pretty nice brand new car for what I had in that engine. Options were to store it in the living room, kitchen, bedroom, or bathroom. I didn't want to advertise what I had to every passerby and keeping it in the bathroom would have been a bit kinky looking.

I never name anything that won't come when called. That includes chainsaws, cats, and engines. Sometimes I use a variety of names until I find the one most effective. My horse knew it was time to quit playing games when I hollered, "Come here you hammer headed little son of a . . . . ." He was always like, "Oh excuse me, didn't realize you were calling me" after I had called him for five minutes or more before I got angry.

Hu

Nothing like the smell of 2 stroke, but I still aint keeping the saws in the bedroom. My wife laughed at me last fall when I bought a new snowmobile jacket. The first thing I did was run outside with it on and fired up both sleds so I could stand in the smoke. Had to break it in properly. :)

I keep mine in the basement and about ever gallon or two ran through them wipe them down with wd-40 and give them a coat of wax.
hedge sap is the worst I have seen of my local wood.
I had it built up so much on one it the throttle trigger stuck wide open.

Latest posts

Back