dolmar 115i vs 029 stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cachehunter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have a chance to trade a 029 for a 115i i was wanting a light limbing saw i use a 046 for all felling and bucking so i don't use the 029 that much because the weight between the 029 and 046 are so close i was wondering the price of the 115i and how good it is thanks

Best 50cc class saw made to date, IMHO. Will cut with or out cut the 029, and considerably lighter. I would not hesitate to give $150 for one in working condition, up to $200 for one in prime condition. It will probably need new antivibe buffers, as I haven't seen one yet that doesn't. There are three of one type and one of another, and they all cost $6.40 ea, so take that into account. With a minor muffler mod, it pulls an 8 tooth .325 drive on a 16" bar very nicely.

Both models is quite old designs, and the Dolmar 115 will probably be replaced by the PS-5000/5100 soon.

There really is no comparison, the Dolmar is a light pro saw with very nice power to weight ratio - the 029 is about the opposite.

Latest posts

Back