• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Dolmar 421

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one about a week and a half ago. Paid $309 brand new. Honestly, it was worth every penny. I've used the snot out of it (at least by my standards) cutting firewood just about every day since I got it.

I don't think I'll almost ever use my Shindaiwa 488 anymore, and the 421 even handles stuff that my Stihl 036 should get pulled out for, but since the Dolly is already in my hands...

I realize that this doesn't help you find a used one, but rest assured that if you have to pay full price, you won't even think about it after you cut some wood. You'll only be thinking about how silly-easy that saw is to start and how fun it is to cut wood with.

You're the devil Carl. Since im buying Kenneths 6401 and you're porting one for him... youd think I'd get a commission haha!
Lol. Kenneth is a good guy to deal with. You can't go wrong buying from him. He sent me pics of the 6400. It's a pretty nice one.

You're the devil Carl. Since im buying Kenneths 6401 and you're porting one for him... youd think I'd get a commission haha!
Or I can sell ya a cs-500p already ported ready to go. That would go good with the 6400. Or a solo 656, or a 5105.lmao

I've been called a lot worse. Lol. Kenneth has a very nice 5100 that needs bought. I'll take it off his hands if some of my saws sell. Not sure if your set on a 421 but that 5100s would be a very strong stock saw!

That it is. It and the echo 500P are both a pound lighter than the 5105s. Well see how close we can make them run to each other!

I just bought a new 421 for $320. I haven't run it much yet, so it is definitely not broken in yet. But, I'll observe I wouldn't sell it for less than $300, and I suspect you'll have a hard time finding anyone who would sell a used one for less than $300. If you are set on a 421, and I believe it to be an excellent choice, I think you should seriously consider a new one.

Back