Dolmar 5100 Cylinder Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmmm......Must be evil spirits or maybe like the Bermuda Triangle or something, in Sawpoint Idaho. :givebeer:

I know the inside paint in the case is peeling off. Not sure if they have excessively high Ethanol content there or not?

And I know they've proven it's a saw defect, and their distributer is shining them on.

Funky isn't coming on here to bash Dolmar. When they first got the line in, they were sporting wood, and all excited.

Magneto doesn't handle distributorship for Montana... They make the dealers go through OEI in Billings... That's a double-distributer whammy for dealers.

So noted. I revised my post to the PNW, and what Magneto claims to be their area (they also claim Montana.... eh?).

50 saws all went down .......only 50 saws ???

I don't know the exact number... But I know it's been a problem for them.

And if Funky says they've had warranty work on 50 saws... I believe him. I don't think they've had the same problems with other models.

Like I said earlier in the thread... That 3400TH is over a year into commercial cutting, and running strong.

I posted that already dude! Magneto Power. Portland office here does the PNW and Alaska.

Intergrated Distributors Network, LLC
Magneto Power
Portland office/Ron West
1-800-597-3880

Can you spell multi-level marketing?

That's funny. A distributer here in Portland yet I have to go to NY to buy a Dolmar because there are no "real" dealers in Portland.

That distributer doesn't sound very effective.

That Dolmar map is a f:censored:ing joke.

You got that right. I tried to find the one in Salem once, and it was a chain-link fenced in area around an old abandoned building that was once a saw shop from the faded signage. I wish I had snapped a photo of that location, and posted it with the address on the Dolmar web site. I called Ron in Portland and he gave me the location of the newer dealer there in Salem.

So noted. I revised my post to the PNW, and what Magneto claims to be their area (they also claim Montana.... eh?).

It's cool... They do list it that way, and Magneto Power is "in charge"... It's just different when you get into the system... They sub to another distributer here.

That's funny. A distributer here in Portland yet I have to go to NY to buy a Dolmar because there are no "real" dealers in Portland.

That distributer doesn't sound very effective.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.... you are supposed to keep the location of the PNW Dolmar dealers a secret.

I don't know the exact number... But I know it's been a problem for them.

And if Funky says they've had warranty work on 50 saws... I believe him. I don't think they've had the same problems with other models.

Like I said earlier in the thread... That 3400TH is over a year into commercial cutting, and running strong.

3410th????

It it possible to swap out that carb for something more conventional?

Well.. it is conventional and gives few problems. If you want to defeat this feature, just replace the carb metering end with one that doesn't have the comp port.

Last edited:
You got that right. I tried to find the one in Salem once, and it was a chain-link fenced in area around an old abandoned building that was once a saw shop from the faded signage. I wish I had snapped a photo of that location, and posted it with the address on the Dolmar web site. I called Ron in Portland and he gave me the location of the newer dealer there in Salem.

Yup, that map is neither up to date, nor accurate.

Never seen PS-3400 TH ........But I do have a PS-3410 TH

attachment.php

Dolmar has lots of the same saws with various part numbers. Drove me nuts looking at the 401, which goes under several different numbers. Here is a diagram from the parts manual:

attachment.php

From what I see and hear that PS-3400 TH never hit the USA ........Sold over seas ......Never seen one in person ..

3410 is a nice saw ....:):)

I believe the 3410 replaced the 3400... I'd have to look though. Don't know about the overseas thing, cause I got one from the distributer when I asked for it. LOL

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good little saw. Their broke-in 200T out-cut it by a second or two... But the 3400 was new out'a the box. I wonder what an exhaust mod would do for the little fella?

I believe the 3410 replaced the 3400... I'd have to look though. Don't know about the overseas thing, cause I got one from the distributer when I asked for it. LOL

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good little saw. Their broke-in 200T out-cut it by a second or two... But the 3400 was new out'a the box. I wonder what an exhaust mod would do for the little fella?

3410 breaths a lot better opened up ....

Post some pictures of the 3400 ...Like I said never seen one ......Whats the eye that you hook too made out of on the 3400.??

Back