Dolmar 5100 Husqvarna 562XP On the NO PORT LIST

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almondgt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Quotes taken from a thread titled 562xp Hesitation Question

“why the 5100?
The Zama carbs that they have on them are just crap.
I've stopped porting the 562XP because of this......"

For those thinking about PORTING their saw/s with Mastermind ...............not going to happen
Is there any other saws that don't take porting well?

So does the Jonsered 2260 have the exact same carb as the 562XP? Just that a ported 2260 was on my "must buy list" for this year. Not too sure now if the carbs are not of good quality. o_O

I haven't stopped and will not stop porting the 562xp,2260,555,2258,550xp,2253,545,2252. as a dealer if I have a carb problem with one of them I can get it took care of unlike randy having to pay out of his pocket. I can see why randy doesn't want to do them. randy stands behind his work as do most of us porting saws,so if one keeps taking your money out of pocket then its gotta be changed. I will not continue to work on anything that just keeps eating my profits either.

the 5100 has a crappy zama carb also. when i was selling and servicing those 5100's at least 30 saws needed new carbs. somtimes up to 3 carbs per saw to find a good usable carb
Bla, bla, bla.

Just picked up two 'nearly new 5100s" from my dealer for $350.

All they need is a new piston/rings each.

He can't sell 'em but I can.

By the way the 5100 I bought from him 8+ years ago is still a snotty little performer!

Them as well as the 7900 have little room for improvement from the factory.

They wuz HOT RODS new!

Just gotta be a little smarter than the carb eh?

Man funk old boy,

I remember you comin' on here many years back cryin' about how many 5100s bit the dust. (AT YOUR DEALERSHIP)

Yup they had a problem fo' sure, guess they was trying to beat EPA and the DEALERS did not care or were too clueless to make them right.

You sure you ain't another of the Trolls alter egos?

They is STILL one of THE best 50cc saws EVER built.

Like I said you just have to be a little smarter than the Dealers.

Why would they lock the truth?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ,ha!

Sorry you dudez don't make any money eh?

Dolmar was and I'm pretty sure is not up to par on marketing or representation o' their product.

But their Engineering is SOLID!

I bought that 5100 back when they WERE the catz Ash, they still are.

The Chain on ANY of the top handful would be the determing factor.

I run the 64 link .375 full chisel (with low rakers) I often smoke 70 cc saws just because me chain cuts so well?

if anyone hates the 5100 bad enough to be looking for one let me know. I have one that runs strong I would like to move on. Just haven't put it in the trade post thread yet

Dolmar was and I'm pretty sure is not up to par on marketing or representation o' their product.

But their Engineering is SOLID!

I bought that 5100 back when they WERE the catz Ash, they still are.

The Chain on ANY of the top handful would be the determing factor.

I run the 64 link .375 full chisel (with low rakers) I often smoke 70 cc saws just because me chain cuts so well?

You are right about no dealer support. I had two 5100's and a 7900 and no dealer support at all. Period.

I switched to Husqvarna because they do have dealer support in my area.
I also discovered the 346XP and the 372XP and never looked back.

Quotes taken from a thread titled 562xp Hesitation Question

“why the 5100?
The Zama carbs that they have on them are just crap.
I've stopped porting the 562XP because of this......"

For those thinking about PORTING their saw/s with Mastermind ...............not going to happen
Is there any other saws that don't take porting well?

It ain't the saw, just the carb. I think most of the Zamas in the 7900 type saws SUCK BIG DONKERY ****!!! I see 50% of them as junk and most need a new popoff installed, hint hint...

Making a change to Walbor MANDATORY when doing one up for hot performance. Now, what carb number is the easiest retrofit you have used thus far?

Latest posts

Back