Dolmar 5100 Husqvarna 562XP On the NO PORT LIST

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't there just a thread discussion not to long ago about the Chinese Zama carb explaining the funtionalbility of it's inner workings and you might also want to look the thread about help building and tuning a strato Husqvarna 455. Damn good thread with in depth discussion about the zama.

Wasn't there just a thread discussion not to long ago about the Chinese Zama carb explaining the funtionalbility of it's inner workings and you might also want to look the thread about help building and tuning a strato Husqvarna 455. Damn good thread with in depth discussion about the zama.

Well, who owns Zama?

I run the 64 link .375 full chisel (with low rakers) I often smoke 70 cc saws just because me chain cuts so well?
The 5100 may be a good saw, however smoking 70cc saws, not in 8"+ wood. It had some zing but to me not enough zing to keep the 2260 out of my hands that I traded it for!

I have a clue why so many of them 5100s bit the dust.

When I got mine, the dealer was touting that you could run them at 100:1 with their oil??????????????????

I never took that to heart, 8 years later mine is still running gobs of compression.

That 5100 was the first 'pro' saw I had ever purchased.

Left such an impression on me that I now have 30+ SDs (runners)

Never gets old hearing people say,

Whut's a duolmar?????????????? never heard of them??????????

In real world cutting conditions chain setup and maintenance is always paramount.
How true that is! Dull chain can really make a good saw look bad or a grabby chain will make a saw look under powered. I fell out of love with my 5100 and that is just that, a good friend told me once, you cant keep them all!

I hear ya, kinda like girls eh?

Just another of Dolmars bad support system, them things did not leave much on the table when they left the factory.

Couple that with the screaming lean carb setting to skirt EPA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Disaster!

And in typical fashion, they blamed everything under the sun except the true culprit?

Like said earlier, the marketing and support system is flawed, but the engineering is very solid, and has been .

I like them because I can find an old 120si er a 6800 for under a hunert bucks (sometimes)

Them dudes will put the wood on the truck just as well as a 372 044.

Quacks me up how some guys will spend $1000 on a saw and run a total piece o' crap chain on them.

Or have old Otto 'grind their chains and he leaves them blue with half the tooth missing and never touches the rakers??????????????????????

I hear ya, kinda like girls eh?

Just another of Dolmars bad support system, them things did not leave much on the table when they left the factory.

Couple that with the screaming lean carb setting to skirt EPA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Disaster!

And in typical fashion, they blamed everything under the sun except the true culprit?

Like said earlier, the marketing and support system is flawed, but the engineering is very solid, and has been .

I like them because I can find an old 120si er a 6800 for under a hunert bucks (sometimes)

Them dudes will put the wood on the truck just as well as a 372 044.

Quacks me up how some guys will spend $1000 on a saw and run a total piece o' crap chain on them.

Or have old Otto 'grind their chains and he leaves them blue with half the tooth missing and never touches the rakers??????????????????????
The other thing that killed mu love for the 5100 was the saw I built named squeak! The 359 in a 350 chassis. That saw killed my love for the 2159 that I wanted for years!

The other thing that turned me off was the zama junk puke crappy Carb! I so wanted to put a 199b on it but couldn't make it work with an air filter!

If it was a wreck that I turned into a cookie cutter, then no filter is needed!

I hear ya on the 359

I NEVER go out without that one!

Them things can be made to run with the best eh?

Does 'squeek' have the same stroke as a 359?

Another reason I am so fond of old SDs,

Damned near all of 'em had Tillys!

can you direct me to the thread mentioned?

Latest posts

Back