Dolmar 5100 Husqvarna 562XP On the NO PORT LIST

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 326416
I used my 5100 the last couple of weekends, put about 6 tanks through it. I am posting because I think that people delight to give too many the wrong impression on the 5100. They will not blow up at the drop of a hat. I have at least 100 tanks through mine. I am not a pro just a firewood hack and they work pretty dang good for that purpose. I don't care it a 346xp handles better, at 6'3" -260lbs I can handle the saw. I don't care if a 346xp will cut cookies faster. They just work fine as long as they were tuned correctly. When I bought mine the dealer told me never to use ethanol gas, use synthetic oil (preferably Stihl Ultra), bring it back once it is broke in and retune if needed. I have done all that and have had not one issue in almost 6 years. I am not saying they are the best 50cc saw, I don't need to own the best just something that works. Also keep in mind that when I purchased mine it was for the same price as a Stihl 290 and for the money the 5100 was a hands down winner. I can't speak to the issue of porting 5100's maybe they are not good for that, frankly I don't care.
In my opinion... You have the best 50cc saw available... And an inboard clutch...
WINNING!!!
:D

There's nothing wrong with the carbs on the 7900. These saws have been ported buy a number of people, KD, DD, EHP, BLSNELLING and others, without any talk of bad carbs. The problem isn't with the carbs. I've owned four 7900's and the only carb issue I had, was a bad welch plug on an 8 year old saw. Big deal. I find this downright stupid honestly, these saws have been around a long time and there has been little to no issues until recently, with one guy.

Andre.

There's nothing wrong with the carbs on the 7900. These saws have been ported buy a number of people, KD, DD, EHP, BLSNELLING and others, without any talk of bad carbs. The problem isn't with the carbs. I've owned four 7900's and the only carb issue I had, was a bad welch plug on an 8 year old saw. Big deal. I find this downright stupid honestly, these saws have been around a long time and there has been little to no issues until recently, with one guy.

Andre.
You're so grouchy professor...
Ready to sell that 5100 yet...??
I hear they're kinda junky...
:chop:

Andre.

Maybe nothing wrong, but the carb likely is too small for the capasity of the transfers - really......;)

I just don't need the headaches........I've got a back log of over a month on saws to port right now. Terry or Mitch either one will gladly port the 562.....I just don't want to fiddle with the hesitation issues. I did about 30 of them with no issues at all......then 3 out of 6 had carb trouble. It's not easy to fix a saw that 500 miles away....so, I have to either buy a carb, pay to have the saw sent back, etc. It is a pain in my ass. Does the 562 run well? It's probably the strongest 60cc saw there is......when it's running right.

On the 7900, I've done a bunch of those, and the 7910 as well, I plan to do a bunch more. They are great saws. Never had any carb trouble till I tried out a 85cc top end on my own saw. That doesn't make the 7900 a bad saw......it means the carb was at it's limit, or I need to learn more about them. I've built 7900s that would out cut every damn saw in sight. They can be some bad mfers.

The 5100......they have a issue with the intake and the carbs both from what I've heard and seen. Some seem fine, run like a little beast, others have caused me to want to throw em in the creek. Again, I just don't have that kind of time to spend on any one saw. I'd love to know how to make this one I have sitting here idle......it's really made a fool of Jon and I both. Three carbs, three coils, two flywheels, three intakes, down to the crank and back, no air leaks......passes every test I've thrown at it.

Sometimes a guy has to know when to say "enough".

I hated giving up on that saw Terry.......it might be the first one that really beat me.

"I tried out a 85cc top end on my own saw."

And???

Did you use a 54 mm quad or dual port?
What mm carb were you running?

"Three carbs, three coils, two flywheels, three intakes, down to the crank and back, no air leaks......passes every test I've thrown at it."

That's the most interesting thing I heard in a month. Now you've got my attention. Subscribed :popcorn:

Andre.

Some of the early 7900's had some soft metal on the carb housings. I had a few that the throttle shaft was super sloppy in the housing with low hours on the saw. If I get in a 7900 with poor idle, that's the first thing that I check. I have never seen the soft carbs on the newer black top cover saws, just the early ones with the orange covers.

Later
Dan

Some of the early 7900's had some soft metal on the carb housings. I had a few that the throttle shaft was super sloppy in the housing with low hours on the saw. If I get in a 7900 with poor idle, that's the first thing that I check. I have never seen the soft carbs on the newer black top cover saws, just the early ones with the orange covers.

Later
Dan

I'm with ya there!

I just don't need the headaches........I've got a back log of over a month on saws to port right now. Terry or Mitch either one will gladly port the 562.....I just don't want to fiddle with the hesitation issues. I did about 30 of them with no issues at all......then 3 out of 6 had carb trouble. It's not easy to fix a saw that 500 miles away....so, I have to either buy a carb, pay to have the saw sent back, etc. It is a pain in my ass. Does the 562 run well? It's probably the strongest 60cc saw there is......when it's running right.

On the 7900, I've done a bunch of those, and the 7910 as well, I plan to do a bunch more. They are great saws. Never had any carb trouble till I tried out a 85cc top end on my own saw. That doesn't make the 7900 a bad saw......it means the carb was at it's limit, or I need to learn more about them. I've built 7900s that would out cut every damn saw in sight. They can be some bad mfers.

The 5100......they have a issue with the intake and the carbs both from what I've heard and seen. Some seem fine, run like a little beast, others have caused me to want to throw em in the creek. Again, I just don't have that kind of time to spend on any one saw. I'd love to know how to make this one I have sitting here idle......it's really made a fool of Jon and I both. Three carbs, three coils, two flywheels, three intakes, down to the crank and back, no air leaks......passes every test I've thrown at it.

Sometimes a guy has to know when to say "enough".

Randy
I had one 5100 that was like that. I actually bought another 5100 that ran fine and I changed every part around that I could think of. It turned out to be the crankshaft twisted on the flywheel side. You may want to check that.

Later
Dan

Randy
I had one 5100 that was like that. I actually bought another 5100 that ran fine and I changed every part around that I could think of. It turned out to be the crankshaft twisted on the flywheel side. You may want to check that.

Later
Dan

I'm thinking about just shooting it with buckshot till there's nothing left to shoot at.

Back