Dolmar 5100 WOW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javelin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I received an order for some Dolmar 5100's yesterday evening. Today got to play with one! Nice running quick responding saw. The saw is definetly stronger than the 540 was. If you get a chance to run one try it!!!

Got one being modded by Big Dave Neiger "Thank You very much"

I must buy one of these just to toy with then. soon as I have the extra funds, I'll buy one for playing around with.

The PS5100 numbers are good
Dolmar is making so large jumps up in the recent years that somehow "Makita" is pumping lot of money into it :)

Wow ?????

Well, the PS-5000 and 5100S sure have set the new standard regarding 3 cube saws, no question about that. :)

However, the old Dolmar 115i and Solo 651 (P) wasn't that far behind.

The Max power output, max torque, the weight and the power to weight ratio all are close to midway between the Husky 346xp and the Stihl MS361,
so I don't really get what the WOW is about...... ;)

A little muffler work ( and the coresponding carb adjustments) on my PS540 really woke it up. Runs a lot cooler too. I would suppose that the muffler mods on the 5000 would respond in a similar fashion. I really like the 540, the 5000 would have to be a LOT better for me to buy one. I am as ever, cheap.

Will you guys please stop it!! I am trying to scrounge up enough money to place an order with Tony and you aint maken the wait any easier :)

I knew this saw was going to set others on the self and let them be collectors, DUST collectors that is!

ps5100s

i got the 5100s last week. my buddy has a ms460 magnum 20'' bar. we cut into a log about a foot and a half round and they cut the same. mine is a 50 cc saw and his is a 76.5cc saw. not saying much for his stihl. my other buddy bought a ps7900 off me and it has a 28'' bar and would beat his saw no problem. that ms460 could not even cut with a 28'' bar. any feedback i would like too see. thank you

That sounds right to me, I'm telling ya the PS-5100 S is a kicka&& saw.

Really now just kidding I to would have so say the MS460 has some serious issues chain being dull number 1 in that list.

mugsyboy said:
i got the 5100s last week. my buddy has a ms460 magnum 20'' bar. we cut into a log about a foot and a half round and they cut the same. mine is a 50 cc saw and his is a 76.5cc saw. not saying much for his stihl. my other buddy bought a ps7900 off me and it has a 28'' bar and would beat his saw no problem. that ms460 could not even cut with a 28'' bar. any feedback i would like too see. thank you

I would suggest your buddy take his saw in for a new top end. It sounds like it has a scored piston and cylinder. With a piston and cylinder that bad I am surprised it even ran. :p

Tried to call Dolmar Tech Mgr... call lasted about 30 sec.... it seems the saws are so good that the dog stole one for himself and that the amount of orders out numbers the number of saws on this side of the puddle! So sice this saw is so poplar will the company make a bike with 20 of them?

klickitatsacket said:
I would suggest your buddy take his saw in for a new top end. It sounds like it has a scored piston and cylinder. With a piston and cylinder that bad I am surprised it even ran. :p

his saw is only 1 year old. he had it from new. he should know how it ran from new. maybe it was junk from the start.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
That sounds right to me, I'm telling ya the PS-5100 S is a kicka&& saw.

Really now just kidding I to would have so say the MS460 has some serious issues chain being dull number 1 in that list.

his chain is not dull eather. i sharpen alot of chain. i sharpend his and mine. puts nice chips out. i put a new chain on and no difference. same chips same resolt.

If the chain is not dull, I'd suspect rakers too high, or perhaps the saw is in need of a muffler mod.

mugsyboy said:

Ask your buddy with the MS460 if he was cutting at half throttle. ;)

Latest posts

Back