Dolmar 5100 WOW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
I knew this saw was going to set others on the self and let them be collectors, DUST collectors that is!

Terry, Where is the 14,500 Speed Decals for the PS-5100S? They can be hard to tell apart from a PS-510, except for the Recoil Decal.
Steve

Yea I forgot about the SPEED decal on the saw. Seems like the PS-5100 S is making some serious waves. I think we have underestimated just how well this saw is going to do in the USA. Sometimes we put to much empahsis on price and thing that this is what sells products. No doubt performance is a factor and I for one am glad to know that the professional out there are not totally shopping on a price comparison but see the big picture for spending the cash what they get in return.

Working for Dolmar, it is still hard to believe that our 50cc saw can match up with a 76cc saw and both saws are in top running condition.

Well, i've seen a bud's pure stock 460 run. it is a total dog...with that ridulously small stock muffler port. There is no way that saw puts out the power of an 046 from a few years ago when the port was maybe twice the area. Gutless is a good word for it, same as his 260 which sounds like a sewing machine and cuts like a Wild Thing....

Simple fix, mod the mufflers and adjust the carbs....presto a real saw that will last much longer as well. Screw the EPA and the horse they rode in on!!!! :angry:

rbtree said:
Well, i've seen a bud's pure stock 460 run. it is a total dog...with that ridulously small stock muffler port. There is no way that saw puts out the power of an 046 from a few years ago when the port was maybe twice the area. Gutless is a good word for it, same as his 260 which sounds like a sewing machine and cuts like a Wild Thing....

Simple fix, mod the mufflers and adjust the carbs....presto a real saw that will last much longer as well. Screw the EPA and the horse they rode in on!!!! :angry:

so you think his ms460 is runing ok? his is stock. i fix saws and his sounds ok.

Lawn Masters said:
If the chain is not dull, I'd suspect rakers too high, or perhaps the saw is in need of a muffler mod.

the rakers are at .025 on both

Yes I do....Heck those dang saws are so muffled that when Scott starts his 260, you can still darn near hear a pin drop....My muffler modded old Husky 44 Rancher will cut about 50% faster than that saw....

Latest posts

Back