Dolmar 5105

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlalltheway

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I found an ad on Craigslist for a dolmar 5105. It is at 400$ with an 18 inch bar and three new chains. It says it is six months old. I was wondering if the 5105 was a pro grade saw and if it is worth 400$.
Thanks,
Jack

If Mopar Mike's info still holds true for the Dolmar/Makita saws, two digits is homeowner, three is 'pro-owner' and 4 is pro.

The jackass dealer near me has a 5105 on the shelf for $389 and you only get the one chain.

If it were me, I'd not offer a dime over $300 if it checked out OK. It is a used saw.

Is it used? I think they cost about $400, maybe $450 new in US.

edit: nvm, i re-read and saw its 6 months old... woulndn't give that much for it.

Last edited:
I paid $464 including taxes for a 5105 with spare chain and pair of gloves. I have used the heck out of it doing line clearance and as a limbing saw. It has been an excellent saw.

I bought mine for $365 and was 3/8 X 20" no extras except a bottle of oil.

I've never had any trouble with it.

It cuts with a stop watch right along side by side with my 346XP NE with the same 16" B & C and both stock.

I carry them both to the woods and use one or the other for a spare.

Yes it's a pro quality saw. Around here they go for about that price used and without extra chains, being that the 5105 is about $600 tax-in OTD.

Obviously they are a bit less in the US so even with the three new chains I figure somewhere in the low $300 range is about right, depending on condition.

At the end of the day, all that matters is if it's worth whatever you pay for it... to you.

The 5015 here is a little over $600 with taxes in. I wouldn't pay more than $350-400 for a great slightly used one.

From what others say, a new one in the U.S is over well over $300, so I would just buy a brand new one if it was me.

Latest posts

Back