• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Dolmar 6400 and/or Husqvarna 555

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a 25 lb box shipped Priority International, they said $149.

Does this sound right? I just stopped in to get a quote and they told me it didn't matter if it was a 18" X 18" box or 20" x 20" box. The weight is what dictates the pricing.

Ready... :) I spent some extra $$ on new Heavy duty boxes and all new packing material. It will be worth it in the end. Plus, I have been wanting a tape dispenser. Had I known they were under $15?? I would have had one years ago! LOL. Live and learn.. I have lots of regular tape, but bought Heavy Duty Everything ;)

1404249278707.jpg

Ready... :) I spent some extra $$ on new Heavy duty boxes and all new packing material. It will be worth it in the end. Plus, I have been wanting a tape dispenser. Had I known they were under $15?? I would have had one years ago! LOL. Live and learn.. I have lots of regular tape, but bought Heavy Duty Everything ;)

View attachment 357476

I bought the same items last week, but unlike you I was a tight ass and decided to skip the cool commercial tape dispenser.

For a 25 lb box shipped Priority International, they said $149.

Does this sound right? I just stopped in to get a quote and they told me it didn't matter if it was a 18" X 18" box or 20" x 20" box. The weight is what dictates the pricing.
Sounds about right. If you can put something in a flat rate box and keep it under 20 pounds, it is a Lot Cheaper. But that does not fit all situations.

I've shipped all over the world, and while in college I worked in the shipping dept of a large wholesaler. Not that my 2 cents matters, but I've found that if you ship overseas with UPS or FedEx you are doing nothing more than pleasing their shareholders. Typically you pay less through USPS. UPS and FedEx charge a very high rate, then drop it off at the local post office and keep the difference. They ship so much through USPS that they get a huge discount, but certainly don't pass it on to the overseas shipper.

View attachment 357476

Wow, there goes your "profit". ;)

View attachment 357476
That's the way to go, bud. Wait till you get your hands on a carton stapler. You'll feel like a shipping god. CahChunk! CahChunk! CahChunk! LOL what a bunch of nerds.
wuj62h.jpg

For some reason I don't have that badass tape gun. Duly noted.

Now that it's official what is on the saw agenda?

"I have other priorities and interests in the way right now"

I believe he said something about a new hedge trimmer and new backpack blower in a past post. I may be wrong on that though. If I'm right Dex- what models are you looking at?

I believe he said something about a new hedge trimmer and new backpack blower in a past post. I may be wrong on that though. If I'm right Dex- what models are you looking at?

The hedge trimmer, will likely be just the homeowner HS 45 and the blower will be the Backpack BR-550. :) I like my Stihl equipment.

BTW- I just shipped these saws about 25 minutes ago. I want to Thank everyone here for the help and encouragement. If not for the few I talked to in this thread and 2 others through PM, I likely would have never even attempted it.

I'm glad I could help a fellow member on the other side of the world.

I was looking at a Mint MS 440 on EBay. But I waited to long. Someone grabbed it at the BIN now price while my offer was pending. I was haggling over $11.. I should have jumped. 440's don't come up that clean and for that price. That's 2 this week I missed.

The hedge trimmer, will likely be just the homeowner HS 45 and the blower will be the Backpack BR-550. :) I like my Stihl equipment.

BTW- I just shipped these saws about 25 minutes ago. I want to Thank everyone here for the help and encouragement. If not for the few I talked to in this thread and 2 others through PM, I likely would have never even attempted it.

I have a Echo hedgetrimmer that is 20 years old that runs flawless. And a BR 420 blower that has never needed a thing guess it's about 14 years old.

I have a Echo hedgetrimmer that is 20 years old that runs flawless. And a BR 420 blower that has never needed a thing guess it's about 14 years old.
I have a 1995 year model echo grass trimmer the only thing I have ever done to it is a fuel line last year just wont die it aint fast but dependable

I have a John Deere 260G weedeater (same as the Echo SRM2400- I believe) bought it at the age of 12 in 94 for my neighborhood lawn business. It still has the orig spark plug in it and I have ran it hard for years. Echo makes really good equipt (if you are selective with what model you buy.... same as any other brand)

Go with the 600 Dex. As big as that lot is you will appreciate the extra umph and I know you, you won't kill it. ;)

Latest posts

Back