• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Dolmar 6400 and/or Husqvarna 555

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers sent as well! And subscribing. The forestor bar looks great on that dolmar.

I know they are not a Sugi or Total? But they work good for me (average cutter).

I have an offer to buy both, but to ship Internationally. I would like to hear any thoughts, comments, or personal experiences.

I hate to not sell them to someone who wants them. Especially when they offer to pay Shipping. But I still worry.

This is not the right place to ask, but several good members are subscribed, so I would like to hear stories. I've never done it, so I worry..

I've shipped $7000 parts from california to Alberta and aside from duty fee's to me the buyer, everything was succesful. I've never had an issue getting it, the only issue I've heard is some guys who buy cigars will refuse them when they buy $100 worth of sticks and get a $650+ duty fee. However the seller always gets paid.

I know they are not a Sugi or Total? But they work good for me (average cutter).

I have an offer to buy both, but to ship Internationally. I would like to hear any thoughts, comments, or personal experiences.

I hate to not sell them to someone who wants them. Especially when they offer to pay Shipping. But I still worry.

This is not the right place to ask, but several good members are subscribed, so I would like to hear stories. I've never done it, so I worry..

ask Randy, Dex. He regularly ships saws for customers down under.

That 2095 I used to have.... I traded it to Randy for port work and he sold it to a guy in Austrailia. Down there their saws are rediculously expensive so buying stateside is real attractive. If it's a "credible member" that's active in our forums, I wouldnt have an issue.

Randy helped me ship my first saw internationally. I will PM you for more details.

Nothing to it, just a few things to watch for, but other than a short form to fill out, it is a regular trip to the post office.
The saw does need to be really clean to get through customs, but this is where you have an advantage, All of your saws are clean enough to pass customs. You do a great job keeping a clean saw!

ask Randy, Dex. He regularly ships saws for customers down under.

That 2095 I used to have.... I traded it to Randy for port work and he sold it to a guy in Austrailia. Down there their saws are rediculously expensive so buying stateside is real attractive. If it's a "credible member" that's active in our forums, I wouldnt have an issue.

This certain individual has Dealt with Randy. Any friend of Randy is a friend of mine. Because it's "New" to me and I am unfamiliar with the entire process, I worry.

Who can I ship through? FedEx, UPS, etc? Is there anything specific or special I need to do? Declare anything? Etc?

Randy helped me ship my first saw internationally. I will PM you for more details.

Nothing to it, just a few things to watch for, but other than a short form to fill out, it is a regular trip to the post office.
The saw does need to be really clean to get through customs, but this is where you have an advantage, All of your saws are clean enough to pass customs. You do a great job keeping a clean saw!

This is what I am looking for.. Thanks bud.

I knew I could get some needed info. And yes, I try to keep a clean saw ;) These 2 are especially clean :)

Who can I ship through? FedEx, UPS, etc? Is there anything specific or special I need to do? Declare anything? Etc?

Everyone says USPS is the best option for International shipping, but I have never proven that. I would estimate shipping plus insurance to Canada for you for 16-17lbs will be $80 USD

As far as I know, it doesn't matter where you ship in Canada, it costs the same for anywhere, is the way my post office lady led me to believe, only weight matters.

Like everybody else, I've had the best luck with USPS for international shipping. Be sure the buyer is on board with the declarations as they will affect his custom charges. Also would be wise to remove the dogs and double box the saw. Prepare for war, because that's what it's going through.

Gotta go, found a clean 036 Pro!

I'm pretty sure I am gonna make a go at it. I hate to punish someone because of where they live. It's just something I have never done, so I worry a little.

What's the best media for packing when going to war? I normally use a mix of newspapers, bubble wrap, and Styrofoam. Double box is a must here. I normally line the box with other cardboard, but a box with foam around another box, is probably gonna be best.

Back