Dolmar 7900 complaints.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riigght, at your service, Mr Thall :hmm3grin2orange:
I didn't say that Huskies are better than the leaky Dolmar. If Ben found that the Dolmar service in his area is poor enough for him to choose another brand, that sounds like a valid argument. You said several times that Husky customers are not satisfied with the Husky service in your area, so they will act the same as Ben if they are smart enough. We all know they end up at your shop at the end :)
It's up to the manufacterer to fix that regional service problem, not the customer, whether the manufacter be Stihl, Dolmar or Husky.

I am in no way criticizing the Dolmar equipment for I don't own them and never tested them. I value however the opinion of those who use them and have experience with the local service.

:cheers:

Well thank you bother Belgian although I expect prompter replies,LOLOL
The only point I'm making is Ben is downing that saw due to his area and his waiting to get parts exactly like the Husky customers do around here. Therefore if he choses to down that saw for such reasons I can down his favorite brand for the exact same reasons in my area. See that wasn't so hard to understand was it? Now bring me my coffee you huzzy and never argu with me again, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,LOL

I am making no ASSumption but somehow I suspect a case of sour grapes cause he can't 2 step Dolmar:cry:

Well you are saying the word Dolmar wrong, its DaMurrrrrrrr,LOLOL. I saw this movie the other nite with this crazy frenchman. He talked some crazy talk. I can hear that fool now saying DaMurrrrrrrrr,lolololol

Leaky oiler.....

So please explain where this leaky Dolmar of Bens is any worse than the Huskies in my area and do it promptly you heathen,LOLOL

is not an exclusive trait to Dolmar. My 371xp and 365xp pizz oil all over themselves. The 371 was project purchase and is now in pieces, so I'll see if I can remedy it. But the 365 is like new, prolly got maybe 6-7 tanks of mix through it and it CANNOT be stored with a full oil resevoir or it'll be deposited all over the bottom of the case where it resides in my rig. The clutch area of both closely resemble Ben's photo of the 7900 after some cuttin'. That being said, both are great saws, just I don't store with full oil resevoir anymore. BTW, if some Husky guru out there knows a fix for this problem I'd love to hear it.....:bowdown:

Have not run the 7900 yet, but if one crosses my path I feel obligated give it a spin.:rockn:

But,but, ... I like to argue with you Chump :D , and tant no belgians who drink coffee, you should know by now :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You don't drink coffee, well I never. I will send you a jar of Folgers one day and let you smell the aroma of fine cheap coffee, oppppppppps,LOL

One day I will add a 5100 & 7900 to the fleet as soon as I can get rid of the stuff that people bring in on trade for them. Just can't see the need to get a new Dolmar dirty when my free full wrapped handle 133 Super that I can get parts for the next day is still going. Anybody need an 024 or 028? Man this Stihl stuff is hard to unload once you get a Dolmar dealer in the area.

One day I will add a 5100 & 7900 to the fleet as soon as I can get rid of the stuff that people bring in on trade for them. Just can't see the need to get a new Dolmar dirty when my free full wrapped handle 133 Super that I can get parts for the next day is still going. Anybody need an 024 or 028? Man this Stihl stuff is hard to unload once you get a Dolmar dealer in the area.

PM me details about the 028. I might be interested.
Finnbear

Its common for saws to leak a little oil when they are not running....my dolmar leaked most of its oil out the bottom of the saw when it was running.

If you sold it a couple years ago, is it fair to say that the problem might be resolved in current models?

Mines still sitting there, no oil leaking....

There was a thread not long ago about a guy with a leaker that was a black top saw, so I would say no.
BTW in clarification of my post on the design of the 7900 oiler. Imagine a trumpet player blowing on a trumpet. The players lips (pump) meeting the trumpets mouth piece(hose) with nothing more holding the lips to the mouth piece other than the pressure applied by the player. The 7900 is the same albeit the pressure is applied by the force of the pump being tightened down. The only thing keeping the seal between the hose and pump intact is the crush fit of the hose. As soon as the hose gets cold it leaks like a sieve. At least the two different "updated" hoses that I tried on it did. BTW its not just a nuisance issue either as it causes the chain to stretch and the bar tip to fail from lack of oil.

FWIW most of the people that claim that they dont have leaker's havent really put much time on theirs.
Glad yours is holding up, mine and others did not.

Its common for saws to leak a little oil when they are not running....my dolmar leaked most of its oil out the bottom of the saw when it was running.

Yup, that's what the 371 did before I tore 'er down. Everything was completely packed with brown/black oil & chip mass. Couldn't believe the clutch still worked well. Something leaks where it shouldn't, but probably a worn out item, will try to address when I put 'er back together. The 365 does too, though not as bad. Got the oiler turned all the way down, still oils more than adequately & less messy. Great saws, just wish they weren't so sticky.:cry:

There was a thread not long ago about a guy with a leaker that was a black top saw, so I would say no.
BTW in clarification of my post on the design of the 7900 oiler. Imagine a trumpet player blowing on a trumpet. The players lips (pump) meeting the trumpets mouth piece(hose) with nothing more holding the lips to the mouth piece other than the pressure applied by the player. The 7900 is the same albeit the pressure is applied by the force of the pump being tightened down. The only thing keeping the seal between the hose and pump intact is the crush fit of the hose. As soon as the hose gets cold it leaks like a sieve. At least the two different "updated" hoses that I tried on it did. BTW its not just a nuisance issue either as it causes the chain to stretch and the bar tip to fail from lack of oil.

FWIW most of the people that claim that they dont have leaker's havent really put much time on theirs.
Glad yours is holding up, mine and others did not.

Thats why I am asking. I don't doubt your story, and I'll be keeping a close eye on mine.

Yup, that's what the 371 did before I tore 'er down. Everything was completely packed with brown/black oil & chip mass. Couldn't believe the clutch still worked well. Something leaks where it shouldn't, but probably a worn out item, will try to address when I put 'er back together. The 365 does too, though not as bad. Got the oiler turned all the way down, still oils more than adequately & less messy. Great saws, just wish they weren't so sticky.
I have never had any Huskys leak like this.
Did you check the output hose for cracks?

I have never had any Huskys leak like this.
Did you check the output hose for cracks?

Yeah, checked brass tube, it appears intact. I think the rubber seal is ok too. I completely disassembled the pump to see if there is anything to "fix". The only obvious thing I could find is there was only one washer between the spring and the teeth on shaft(IPL shows two). Stopped into my dealer today to pick up the little stuff to complete my project, seals and such, they want $73 for a new pump.:jawdrop: He stated they do not attempt to fix 'em, just replace as per poppa Husky. Needless to say I did not buy one, will put 'er back together see if it's any better. It is my belief it may leak from the pump housing itself around the washer(s) and come out at the gear interface. I wonder if a small, appropriately sized o-ring behind the washer might help....... May give it a shot, what could go wrong? :confused:

It's not the end of the world either way. I'm excited 'bout getting 'er back together and let 'er rip. I may tear off the clutch on the 365 to look at a pristine pump(less than 10 tank fulls through it). High output is NOT an issue the 371 & 365 as near as I can tell. :D

So, basically, some people think they are ugly, and one guy had one a couple years ago that leaked oil.
They might be hard to find parts for in the future, or maybe not,

other than that, it is the cheapest, lightest 6.3 hp saw available,
fun to run, easy to use, low vib, saw out there???

Like I thought!!!

:hmm3grin2orange:

Back