Dolmar 7900 complaints.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't know what to tell you Ben, seems Terry told me a while back the hose had been corrected and solved the issue.
I have heard that before....

Mine doesnt leak anything at all.
So its not part of the "design",
something is wrong.
When the oil pumps outlet hose isnt physically attached to the pump and that results in leakage, I would call that a design flaw..

I picked up a makita 7901/ 26" bar last week off of e-bay got it friday ran it Saturday. Unbelievably fast in 24" walnut. All i have to compare to is a Jonsered 670 with muffler modd with 24" bar excellent saw had it 10 years. Had to see if it was as good as others said so far no complants. Has any one compared the 5100 to a 2152 and 2054. Hope I'm not:deadhorse:

Kenneth

When the oil pumps outlet hose isnt physically attached to the pump and that results in leakage, I would call that a design flaw..

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but having trouble visualizing what you are talking about. Seriously, mine doesn't leak, period.

Can you describe it, or better yet show photos of what you mean?

Well I don't blame you for being unhappy it dumped all its oil on the ground. I'm in the fix it business and I don't see fixing a oiler hose as a major issue with any saw.

Awwwwww, don't know if I agree with you on that one Thall. I don't like an oil leaking saw either, something is not right there and I would not accept that from a new saw.

Waiting on parts now, yes that would be tuff to deal with but hell Ben you got a slew of saws. If that 7900 was your only saw at the time then I could see your point but having a bunch of saws like you do hell grab another saw and go..

that's a poor salesman's excuse there :buttkick: It's not just becase one have backup saws available that a louzy parts service can be justified. A pro saw deserves a pro service, nothing less, that's what you pay for at the end.

The new dolmars get real good critics internationally, so I assume they must be very good. IMO, Dolmar just has to work on the service part to become a real valuable player in the pro market. And with the Makita dealership network in place (in Europe at least), I think they really can succeed.

hello ladies,

For those that think the Dolmar is ugly, buy a new purse in a complementary color.

For those that don't like leaks, you might try the new super absorbant maxipads.

For those who can't find a dealer nearby, well, there isn't a Nordstroms on every corner either, now is there.

For those that think the dogs are too masculine, I suggest a file.

For those who think it vibrates at the wrong frequency for maximum enjoyment, find a boyfriend.

doug

Just an obvious observation

bwalker loves his Huskies that he buys online for rock bottom price.

He buys a 7900 which he whines about from where ever

He offers his 372s for sale here but keeps the 7900

Go figgah

Sold the 7900 a few years ago, only one of my 372's is for sale, only purchased two Husky saws online which I promptly resold for profit, none of the saws I currently own where bought online, and have owned more Stihl saws than Huskys.
So basically your incorrect on each ASSumption you have made.:popcorn:

That's right...now it is out..you sold the saws at a profit....free market.....stiffed the stocking dealer.....congratulations you should be proud

I bow to your superior knowledge of free enterprise:bowdown:

Awwwwww, don't know if I agree with you on that one Thall. I don't like an oil leaking saw either, something is not right there and I would not accept that from a new saw.

that's a poor salesman's excuse there :buttkick: It's not just becase one have backup saws available that a louzy parts service can be justified. A pro saw deserves a pro service, nothing less, that's what you pay for at the end.

The new dolmars get real good critics internationally, so I assume they must be very good. IMO, Dolmar just has to work on the service part to become a real valuable player in the pro market. And with the Makita dealership network in place (in Europe at least), I think they really can succeed.

Well now Belgian if thats the case then I reckon Husky should not be in my area at all then but due to online sales they are. However its impossible to push those saws back through the telephone line for top notch pro service if ya know what I mean,LOL. There are no servicing dealers for miles and miles. I have them come in all the time with customers only to frown that I have no parts. So please explain where this leaky Dolmar of Bens is any worse than the Huskies in my area and do it promptly you heathen,LOLOL

Sold the 7900 a few years ago, only one of my 372's is for sale, only purchased two Husky saws online which I promptly resold for profit, none of the saws I currently own where bought online, and have owned more Stihl saws than Huskys.
So basically your incorrect on each ASSumption you have made.:popcorn:

Ben you say you sold that 7900 a FEW YEARS ago, what. Ben my dear truck broke down on me last week ya might say. The check engine light came on and it costs me 205.28 to get it striaghtened out. I paid the bill, was ticked for a few minutes and that was that. Do I go tell everyone your crazy if you buy a Ram pick-up for the next two years? Come on Ben, time to move on and quit comparing the saw you had two years ago to everyone elses now..

BTW Ben

Whatcha asking for that 372 ya wanna sell, I might like that saw. How much?

That's right...now it is out..you sold the saws at a profit....free market.....stiffed the stocking dealer.....congratulations you should be proud
I took advantage of a opportunity and sold a few saws at a profit.... Im sleeping quit good at night BTW.

So please explain where this leaky Dolmar of Bens is any worse than the Huskies in my area and do it promptly you heathen,LOLOL

Riigght, at your service, Mr Thall :hmm3grin2orange:
I didn't say that Huskies are better than the leaky Dolmar. If Ben found that the Dolmar service in his area is poor enough for him to choose another brand, that sounds like a valid argument. You said several times that Husky customers are not satisfied with the Husky service in your area, so they will act the same as Ben if they are smart enough. We all know they end up at your shop at the end :)
It's up to the manufacterer to fix that regional service problem, not the customer, whether the manufacter be Stihl, Dolmar or Husky.

I am in no way criticizing the Dolmar equipment for I don't own them and never tested them. I value however the opinion of those who use them and have experience with the local service.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back