Dolmar 7900 complaints.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7900 grows on ya

attachment.php

Different yes but ugly, naaaaaaa. Performance wise, 7900 is one bad mother. Leaky oil hose, found on those that wish their 372 would outcut a 7900,LOLOL

Last edited:
Thall,

That's alot of saws!!!!:jawdrop:

Naaaaaaaaaaa not really. Some I bought, alot I got free and rebuilt. All run fine. The 7900 though is a cutting huzzy. Those that don't like the looks or piddle about this and that ought to get one in their hand and give it a run. I was once leary of Dolmar too but after giving them a try and really giving them a good look over I see nothing wrong with them.

attachment.php

Ben see that 051 on the very end, it leaks oil, do I care, no, least of my worries..

Last edited:
Ben see that 051 on the very end, it leaks oil, do I care, no, least of my worries..
You would care if it puked all its oil out on the ground, cooking your bar in the process.
Call me crazy, but I dont expect a modern piece of equipment to function like this.
As for other problems with it. Not many besides the starter switch, starter dogs hanging up, and chain tensoiner. The main problem was waiting for back ordered parts....and now with the change in distribution I dont have a dealer even remotely close.

You would care if it puked all its oil out on the ground, cooking your bar in the process.
Call me crazy, but I dont expect a modern piece of equipment to function like this.
As for other problems with it. Not many besides the starter switch, starter dogs hanging up, and chain tensoiner. The main problem was waiting for back ordered parts....and now with the change in distribution I dont have a dealer even remotely close.

Well I don't blame you for being unhappy it dumped all its oil on the ground. I'm in the fix it business and I don't see fixing a oiler hose as a major issue with any saw. Waiting on parts now, yes that would be tuff to deal with but hell Ben you got a slew of saws. If that 7900 was your only saw at the time then I could see your point but having a bunch of saws like you do hell grab another saw and go...

The problem goes beyond replacing a oiler hose. Been there done that.

Well I don't know what to tell you Ben, seems Terry told me a while back the hose had been corrected and solved the issue. Worse things have happened Ben. I am surprized you would give up on the 7900 being you love raw power and light weight, thats where the 7900 shines pretty well wouldn't you say?

Mine doesnt leak anything at all.
So its not part of the "design",
something is wrong.

THALL, Is the shop you work at going to start selling Dolmar saws? :)

Nope, not yet. Can't convince the big dogs I could roll those saws but you know me, I'll keep trying. One day they will get tired of hearing me and getem in or fire me,LOLOL

Latest posts

Back