Dolmar Distribution

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger I can get you the .214 number but that first part , I donot think so but I do have use of a dyno any time I want one but 23 , boy that does have a nice sound to it but sorry I donot think so, now 2 plus 3 , that is alot more like it

Rich if it works as good as they say it does everyone will add 1 or more 5000's to there saw list cause if it beats the 346 we have a real winner

DTM.
What is the differance between the 5100s and 5000?
I have put 2 tanks throu this saw soon, and it run's great. And soon It will prove it self. The 346/2147 I run here, is not better in my opinion.

Mange

Mange , I cannot tell you the difference between a 5000 and a 5100, all I can hope for is the 5100 has more power than the 5000, maybe it is the muffler that is different.

The difference is the 5000 is 49.9cc and the 5100 is 50.4cc. The 5000 I believe is being sold in Europe now and the 5100S will be for the US an Canada only I believe.

it does not look to bad, better than I had thought from what we were thinking it would look like

From what i run here this 5000 is a good saw, well in the 346 class, and in my humble opinion atleast as good.
I will make some timed tests when i get chance. Till then it is just a opinion.

Yes the new saw family has lateral side tension. Attached is a small section of the parts list that shows the chain tensioner. All the gears are covered behind a plate to keep debris out. The tensioner is also seperate from the bar cover to keep that parts cost down.

You guys put alot of time and effort into making this the BEST 50CC saw you can build. I'm honestly impressed by it.

Does this mean there will be some modified 346's up for sale? :D

How much will you give me on a trade in of a practically new Makita DCS520i. I have only used two tanks of mix in it. :)

makita

Hi I was going to get a blue dolmar a makita 540 this fall, Im wondering if the new makita saws will be released at the same time as the Dolmars? Thanks Dan

1 thing you have to remember is the dolmar has a 10 % bigger motor than the 346 so it should beat it

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
For those that have not seen the PS-5100S here is a picture.

Do you have the power head weight figure?

Chomping at the bit.....!! :blob2:

Back