Dolmar/Makita 5000 upgraded to the 5030

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A german thread has brought up that Makita(the blue Dolmar) has upgraded from the 5000 to the 5030 model.
http://www.motorsaegen-portal.de/ms-forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25304

here are some photos
(on the left the new model 5030 with the green sparkplug cable)

DSCF7376.jpg

on the right the new model 5030 with the green sparkplug cable
DSCF7379.jpg

DSCF7374.jpg

they mentioned that there is a new replacement carb available. In the pictures you can see that the cable for the sparkplug is running different, alumenium grip and black hood.

Does anybody here have more info? Maybe one of the dolmar dealers?

Thanks for the info

7sleeper

That flat black on the carb cover looks sweet:clap:

I see the ground wire(?) from the coil is running different than the current models. 5100/510 are the same on mine.

Does the thread talk about what changes to the carb was done?

Thank you for sharing Sleeper!

I see the ground wire(?) from the coil is running different than the current models. 5100/510 are the same on mine.

Sorry they only mentioned that there is a new carb available.
Although as usual some complain that there had been problems with heat disapation while others comment that these were only rumors.

The same as here! ;)

I suspect it could be a Makita version of the 5100S, judging by the metal handlebar - but we need to know about the crank and coil before we can conclude on that......:givebeer:

You better explain that post.......:confused::confused:

You sound like a biotch troll. I don't have to explain squat to you other than...

You're just that. A troll when it comes to anything Dolmar.

According to a site, the 5030 is sporting some aluminum stuff and is rated at 3.8 hp...oh wait, that's going to make your panties twist:cheers:

I would bet it's close to a 5100 version without a doubt...does that bother you:yoyo:...I can't wait to find out how much it weights so you can troll some more:greenchainsaw:

You sound like a biotch troll. I don't have to explain squat to you other than...

You're just that. A troll when it comes to anything Dolmar.

According to a site, the 5030 is sporting some aluminum stuff and is rated at 3.8 hp...oh wait, that's going to make your panties twist:cheers:

I would bet it's close to a 5100 version without a doubt...does that bother you:yoyo:...I can't wait to find out how much it weights so you can troll some more:greenchainsaw:

It doesn't bother me at all, I am just curious!

Regarding Dolmar, they sure make very good saws, but the rest of the act leaves something to be desired - like inconsistent specs etc! :censored:

Nothing new with that - just the same old story....

Last edited:
OTAY:)

For the rest of us Dolmar/Makita Fanatics, I'm actually hoping for magnesium parts, a high output coil and some stroke.

And I can't wait to hear about this re-worked carburetor. The carbs the platform carries now is not the best design. I hope they worked the hole to stabilize the diaphragm and let it do it's thing correctly.

Rick, all Nikko is saying is that we won't know if it's the same as the 5100S until we see the part #'s for the crank and coil. Here's hoping it's the same as the 5100 !

The Euro and Oz PS/DCS5000 is the same as the US PS5100S except for the crank and coil.
i.e. the mag case, mag barrel, piston, etc, etc is the same. AFAIK we don't get the 510.

So far only the US gets the PS5100S.

[edit] If we could get a shot of the coil we'd know for sure. Standard is Red, 'S' type is GREY ;)

Last edited:
Tocayo, in my original statement, where do I mention that it might be a 5100??

That fool likes to stir trouble...and he was concluding by hi'self:greenchainsaw:

Well, actually, the rest of us Dolmar/Kita fanatics would like to know also:clap:

Dear AS

I just reread the original german thread and they mention that for the ultimate chainsawing experience that it is obligatory to use a 4600 coil for the 5000. I believe that the coil is the unlimited model. One fellow mentions that he would like to run it a 16000rpm's.

Last edited:
Dear AS

I just reread the original german thread and they mention that for the ultimate chainsawing experience that it is obligatory to use a 4600 coil for the 5000. I believe that the coil is the unlimited model. One fellow mentions that he would like to run it a 16000rpm's.

The PS-4600S and the PS-5100S use the same coil limited at 14,500 RPM.

But I have one of those saws that turns 16,000 RPM:)

The PS-4600S and the PS-5100S use the same coil limited at 14,500 RPM.

But I have one of those saws that turns 16,000 RPM:)

So now that this thread is way old....

Did we ever find out if the dcs5000 = ps5100s and if the dcs5030 = ps5105??? That is what I would kinda figure but then again I'd have no clue since we can't get the dcs 5000 or 5030 over here! :msp_angry:

Also to stir the pot a little more did I see on a UK or Euro thread that the dcs 5031 was out????

Last edited:
So now that this thread is way old....

Did we ever find out if the dcs5000 = ps5100s and if the dcs5030 = ps5105??? That is what I would kinda figure but then again I'd have no clue since we can't get the dcs 5000 or 5030 over here! :msp_angry:

Also to stir the pot a little more did I see on a UK or Euro thread that the dcs 5031 was out????

DCS5001 (as this is about) = PS5000 (not 5100S). 5100S is a 5000 with a different coil and different crank, basically - for higher max rpm.

DCS5030 = PS5105.

As I remember the max rpm specs (and a little more);

5000/5001; always 13,500

5100S; always 14,500

5105; first 14,500 - revised version 13,800 - maybe revised again to 13,500 (I don't really know?)

5030; basically same saw as 5105, with the same revised air flow, but I don't know the details regarding max rpm

Some late 5100S and most US sold 5105 has come with a cat muffler. The cat muffler is availiable as an option elsewhere (Europe at least).

DCS5001 (as this is about) = PS5000 (not 5100S). 5100S is a 5000 with a different coil and different crank, basically - for higher max rpm.

DCS5030 = PS5105.

As I remember the max rpm specs (and a little more);

5000/5001; always 13,500

5100S; always 14,500

5105; first 14,500 - revised version 13,800 - maybe revised again to 13,500 (I don't really know?)

5030; basically same saw as 5105, with the same revised air flow, but I don't know the details regarding max rpm

Some late 5100S and most US sold 5105 has come with a cat muffler. The cat muffler is availiable as an option elsewhere (Europe at least).

So the 5031 is a revamped 5105? Also are the cat mufflers stainless? Just curious how far my mig welder would get me on a cat muffler..? Not far if it's stainless... :(

I don't have a 5030 but I have a 5001(=5000 with decompression buttom) and a 420. They both have a stainless steel muffler. My 5001 doesn't have cat but my 420 does. But what is really nice is that you can just take the 420 apart without any tools. The halves just poop apart and you can just take the cat out. Don't know if it is the same with the 5030.

if you need a parts diagram you can look here https://msio.makita.at/data/tech-pdf/DCS5030-PS-WW.pdf.

edit: looks like the 5031 only has a decomp added

Last edited:
Back