Stihl 661 first live Pictures!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The air filter nut looks like a husky fuel cap. I wonder if it is going to beset up like the 441 on the air filter?

Nice looking saw, but not as sexy as the new Jonsered models ;).

whats with the filter cover knob........................looks gay

Is this ArboristSite, or junior high (middle) school? I did not know that an inanimate object, in this case a filter cover knob, could express or even imply sexual preference.

Did anyone else notice the name of one of the moderators on the German site? I think someone is playing a joke, or perhaps the German language has some very strange spellings.

The air filter nut looks like a husky fuel cap. I wonder if it is going to beset up like the 441 on the air filter?

Pure conjecture on my part

It wouldn't surprise me if that nut / knob is a quarter turn fastener similar to the one used on the MS200T.

Time will tell.

Take care

Pure conjecture on my part

It wouldn't surprise me if that nut / knob is a quarter turn fastener similar to the one used on the MS200T.

Time will tell.

Take care

I was just wondering if you can run it without the cover like the 660? It keeps the filter from plugging as quick.

Is this ArboristSite, or junior high (middle) school? I did not know that an inanimate object, in this case a filter cover knob, could express or even imply sexual preference.

Did anyone else notice the name of one of the moderators on the German site? I think someone is playing a joke, or perhaps the German language has some very strange spellings.

Who are you refering to?

Well, I've been wanting a 660 for quite a while to round out my stable (361 and Dolmar PS3410TH climbing saw).

I wonder whether I should get a 660 while the gettin' is good ... or wait and see if the 661 is better?

What say the <strike>maniacs</strike> experts?
lol8.gif

Last edited:
If it's anything like the 441 cm it'll kill the 660 in so many ways. I'm looking forward to flippy caps, great AV, and not having to clean the air filter out after every tank of fuel. If it's a little lighter and more powerful even better. Sure won't win any beauty competitions with that air filter cover though, if my dog had a face like that I'd shave its ass and make it walk backwards.

Shaun

Obviously my choice of words
Has upset you,for that i appologize
Maybe i should have just called it fugly

whats with the filter cover knob........................looks gay

It's a blatant and obvious attempt by Stihl to gain market share in the homosexual lumberjack crowd.

However, it is offered on European models only. :kilt:

or not.

Why does it matter what it looks like....I thought it was all about how it runs, cuts, handles etc.:confused:

I'm interested in seeing what this thing looks with a wrap handle?? I need a 80-90cc saw... I'm thinking this saw is going to be mine once I have the cash, it seems getting ready for hunting season drains a little cash lol

I was wondering if the wrap is going to be longer like the later 460/1 wrap?

I wonder if that will be the same release here in the states?

Latest posts

Back