Stihl 661 first live Pictures!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright!

Hopefully it performs well as a large M-tronic saw. Does anyone have any estimates on when we will see availability here in the continental states.

I wonder if you can get more than 200 tanks out of them now. When they were demoing them 2 years ago they were blowing up all the dam time

I hadn't heard about any problem with saws "blowing up all the dam time". How many? Where? Maybe I missed it or they must have fixed it the problem.

The demo saws last year never gave us any trouble. They were very much like the 066, 660 series...in that they ran consistently and reliably day after day.

I hadn't heard about any problem with saws "blowing up all the dam time". How many? Where? Maybe I missed it or they must have fixed it the problem.

The demo saws last year never gave us any trouble. They were very much like the 066, 660 series...in that they ran consistently and reliably day after day.

You been holding out on us Bob ? you been running these already ?

I hope that holds true to the specs. That would be nice to get a newer saw that's not heavier than the one it replaced.

A few fallers out of Westwood ran these for a couple of months 2 years ago and one of the told me they were having problems with them not lasting over 200 documented tanks of fuel so if stihl is starting to sell these saws on the market I'm sure they fixed the problem or at least I hope they did. Anyhoo I'm not going to pic one up for at least a season or two ill stick with the 660's for now

Bar nuts?

Looks like it has bar nuts like the 261.
MS 362 has same sculpted cover. You right about 261 though. Interesting look I think. Kinda Cool in opposition to rounded nut recess of 660. I know I like it.... Just not sure I like it better than the older model.

Fingers crossed

Local Stihl saw shop I use is having his open house in mid Oct. When I was talking to him about it last week, he couldn't promise but was hoping the Stihl rep would have a MS661 there for people to try, maybe a MS261C-M too.

Nice thing about his open house is there is always plenty of wood there to cut and not a huge number of guys wanting to run the demos so if both saws are there I hope to get a tank through each.

Take Care

Back