Stihl 661 first live Pictures!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoy having a first view on that impressing machine by viewing this official Stihl video. Just click on "23,35 MB" shown at the right side. I know it's in Portuguese language but it's the best I can give you for now :laugh:

$500 More?

Well, if $1,500 translates to a $400 to $500 price increase in the USA, I have to wonder what they did for that extra dough to improve the MS 660. Same engine size. Maybe a smoother idle? Not sure that a big strong logger cares too much about that.

On the other hand, pulling a 36" bar and chain is important. :popcorn:

in the vid it shows quad ports,cm tronic or regular carb and it looks like the air filter is different with the 1/4 turn set up on the filter cover, spring AV ..............I thinks I gonna like it

in the vid it shows quad ports,cm tronic or regular carb and it looks like the air filter is different with the 1/4 turn set up on the filter cover, spring AV ..............I thinks I gonna like it

Yup and similar port setup to the 461... so basically a bigger brother of the 461 with m-tronic and AV springs. Sounds like it might be worth having :msp_thumbup:

One thing is for certain...whether you love or hate the MS660 it's a proven and reliable design. One can be had for about 1k. Most if not all of it's shortcomings can be easily rectified. I can't possibly see that this new fancy whizzbang is worth $500 more....think about that....that's the price of a 50cc prosaw. The reason these saws keep getting more expensive is because fools like us are willing to pony up the coin. Just my .02. I'm keeping my 660 until it throws in the towel.

Well, if $1,500 translates to a $400 to $500 price increase in the USA, I have to wonder what they did for that extra dough to improve the MS 660. Same engine size. Maybe a smoother idle? Not sure that a big strong logger cares too much about that.

On the other hand, pulling a 36" bar and chain is important. :popcorn:

Regular price in Germany is just 50 Euro higher compared to the one asked for the 660 now. Don't foreget that many thngs are cheaper in the US and it make sense to take one back home after visiting your country.

Back