dolmar ps 540 or 115i?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hello
im new here and i would like to ask a couple questions about a dolmar ps 540 and a dolmar 115i. i have a chance to buy either of them for $200. what would you chose? also, i have the serial numbers for both, how do you find the age of the saw? i googled all kinds of things trying to find the age of the saws. i cant afford both now, so one will have to do. i havent seen them yet, am waiting for pics to be sent to me.

i am a greenhorn, and only have used a stihl 011!!!!!!!

ty
erin

hello
im new here and i would like to ask a couple questions about a dolmar ps 540 and a dolmar 115i. i have a chance to buy either of them for $200. what would you chose? also, i have the serial numbers for both, how do you find the age of the saw? i googled all kinds of things trying to find the age of the saws. i cant afford both now, so one will have to do. i havent seen them yet, am waiting for pics to be sent to me.

ty
erin

First off Welcome to AS.
$200 seems a bit high for either of those saws unless they are like new condition. But, the 115 is still available over seas so parts will be available for some time to come.

hello

ty
erin

Go with the 540, is a much newer saw 54 cc. i have two 540's in makita green,same saw difrent color they have ben trouble free....

ty for the quick reply's guys.

what would be a reasonable price to offer for either of these saws?

can i not get parts for the 540?

thanks again

erin

ty for the quick reply's guys.

what would be a reasonable price to offer for either of these saws?

can i not get parts for the 540?

thanks again

erin

you can get parts for both for the most part, a nice 115i would easily be worth 200 bucks to me, if you want something to compare it to , the 115i will completely put good 026 to shame

you guys have been very helpfull!!!!!!

im leaning toward the ps540, he said it was either an 05 or 06 and wasnt sure what year the 115i was.

erin

115 i is the better of the saws, 540 is a detuned version of the 115i. 115i is a powerhouse tough saw. only draw back is the mounts

:agree2: .....and the "problems" with both is AV and air filter system - afterall it is a 1980s design....

Also, the 115 weight specs used to be waaay off from the truth (more than a pound), but was changed when the PS5000-series came out.......:greenchainsaw:

:agree2: .....and the "problems" with both is AV and air filter system - afterall it is a 1980s design....

Also, the 115 weight specs used to be waaay off from the truth (more than a pound), but was changed when the PS5000-series came out.......:greenchainsaw:

air filtration, a prob agreed, you have to keep after it. Also old design agreed but a good running saw lots of torque.

i have serial numbers for both, but dont know how to look up the years.

It is simple to decode the time of production from newer Dolmar serials, but not sure about those models - try to post them, and some might be able to help you.......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back