Done with bad fuel !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not get to it last night but I will get to it soon, I figure I will pull some out and take a pic in a mason jar. There have been folks in this thread that say it will not even burn but I have to disagree, I have a 300 gallon bulk tank that still has a bit of gas in it from 30 years ago also
30 yrs old is none ethanol , may be sour with octane dedrigation . May burn , doubt it will run effectively in an engine . If it was E10 it would be 60 % water !

So then how in your words is ethanol related to the devil?

As for diesel I hope you are not buying soy diesel and letting it sit. The soy diesel is fine just like ethanol is fine but neither should sit for long periods of time. I am not sure who but someone made a correlation between bad fuel and sour milk. How many folks go to the store and buy milk then let it sit for even a month? I am hoping zero. Ethanol fuel is an organic compound and has a shelf life. The folks that whine about ethanol are the ones who refuse to use it in a proper manner. Just like any perishable item you have to use it up in a timely manner. After several million miles and zero fuel issues I have had NO fuel issues when used properly.
Any diesel fuel has a shelf life if left untreated !

I've run a couple tanks of E0 in several vehicles, and have yet to notice a difference, other than my wallet.

The girlfriend's spare car gets E0, just because it's the spare car, and that tank of fuel may be it gets all year.
Large carburated or fuel injected engines are not normally effected as severely by ethanol fuels e.g. E85 etc. Although personally I have always noticed a degree of reduced fuel mileage efficiency with Ethanol based fuels . I treat all fuels currently to prevent phase separation !

..........All things considered I think any reasonable person would agree that time is not on the side of octane. Hot, cold and moisture are the killers of fuel.

Just my 2 cents.
Nearly all organic compounds have a shelf life. If you will not use up the item prior to the end of it's shelf life then just do not buy more than you can use and do not whine about the effects when you do. Folks cannot seem to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

Believe it or not, I've not seen one pump in North East Ohio that sells E85. I'm sure they are out there and I just haven't seen them but they aren't in my travels anywhere, and I live in a Ag heavy county.
What county. I realize Ohio is a huge state but here are a few.
http://e85locator.net/State Pages/OhioE85stationlocations.html
I am not sure if FS goes that far but if they do they will have it at all locations.

I am not disagreeing but I am not so sure on that either. Modern technology is good but sure not good at building products that last and at a decent price point.
Carb components , gasketing etc are made of much better ethanol resistant materials . Back in the day pressed papper & rubber were utilized . When ethanol was 1st introduced fuel lines & inlet needle valve & seats were disintegrating . Not sure the mechanical components or class of fit have proven to last . Seems life cycles of today's saws has actually decreased ! However within the realm of this thread and quality of gas & saw & its effects , improvements have been realized.

What county. I realize Ohio is a huge state but here are a few.
http://e85locator.net/State Pages/OhioE85stationlocations.html
I am not sure if FS goes that far but if they do they will have it at all locations.
Ashtabula. Doesn't look like they list any in my county, but then again the largest city is under 20k. I frequent NW PA pretty regularly and don't see it there either. May be in the cities more so, that's where they seem to be looking at that chart.

Latest posts

Back