Don't Buy Cheap Shelves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got LUCKY with that o2 Cylinder!

Any breakage, or just a few fuel leaks?

Ouch.

I've used the cheap-o metal ones that you assemble on your own with good results, but screw the back side of the uprights and the shelves into the wall for added security.

Wobbly shelves are junk. They're probably worse than not having any shelves, really.

Don’t buy cheap shelves

Gotcha!

Yikes! Just looking at those uncapped compressed gas bottles lying on the floor makes me want to dig a foxhole.:jawdrop:

Unsecured oxy-acetylene bottle, uncapped and regulators fitted in the basement?

YIKES! If it's the garage, then just a little yikes. :D

Yea, I would have had a few choice word for dem der shelves. . . . . . . . . . . . them I'd start up one of them saws and teach those shelves a lesson. :laugh:

I think I have that exact same shelving unit, but mine's in my basement with some winter gear and other misc stuff on it. I'll not be using it for saws anytime soon. If I hear the crash of ski boots, helmets, parkas and such hitting the floor, I guess I'll know where to start looking................

I sure hope nothing good got busted on ya grinch. Better go get some sturdy shelves for them old saws.:chainsaw:

Lowes sells some decent shelves with metal frames and particle board shelves for not too much dough. They are heavy duty compared to the ones in your pictures and the thin metal ones that are sold very cheaply.

I hope nothing was very damaged.

Oooooo, wanna part with dat old o8s pos?????

:D

What ever happened ta good old bricks and boards, or even cheaper, milkcartons and plywood (my shelf of choice as you can keep yer library in the sides, or spare parts, or beer, or lol)???? *sigh* goldarned Wally martworld-cheap-worthless-flexy-plastic-recycled-useless-milkbottle-punched-out-at-2cents-a set-weak-kneed-lazy-untested-silly-azzed-starry-eyed-consumer-bait-junk................... kk, I better stop now afor I gets carried away and buys me some.......... :D

(That sux, really does, at least it missed your pressure tank, whew)

Oooooo, wanna part with dat old o8s pos?????

:D

What ever happened ta good old bricks and boards, or even cheaper, milkcartons and plywood (my shelf of choice as you can keep yer library in the sides, or spare parts, or beer, or lol)???? *sigh* goldarned Wally martworld-cheap-worthless-flexy-plastic-recycled-useless-milkbottle-punched-out-at-2cents-a set-weak-kneed-lazy-untested-silly-azzed-starry-eyed-consumer-bait-junk................... kk, I better stop now afor I gets carried away and buys me some.......... :D

(That sux, really does, at least it missed your pressure tank, whew)

Wish I could make my 08S spark...:bang:

Its a danged old heavy saw you know it..:ices_rofl:

I will try to attach a picture of some shelf units that can be built very reasonably. They will support the weight of saws. The larger unit on the left will hold 100 saws without bars. It is built for 10 foot ceilings. The lower unit is built for a standard garage or basement. If you do not like the look of them then the Lozier shelving units will work but they will not hold as much. I have them also. If you have the space the standard pallet rack units are ideal but I have a tough time getting to the back of them.

Bill

Lowes sells some decent shelves with metal frames and particle board shelves for not too much dough. They are heavy duty compared to the ones in your pictures and the thin metal ones that are sold very cheaply.

I hope nothing was very damaged.

I think that your might be talking about Gorilla Racks or something like that. Have a couple of them that are 6ft tall and very solid at a reasonable price.

or,heaven forbid,three cases of beer,think about all that foam.

Al you sound like your from wisconsin. Here you see security guards at the local dirt tracks on friday night with guns. Why? Its not incase somebody trys to steal the gate money, man they got ot protect the beer!!! Our local fair runs 5 days. They go through a semi load of beer for a town thats about 3200 people.
Bob

Latest posts

Back