dont buy saddles from wespur!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voxac30dude

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i had ordered a "medium" buckingham wide back floating D saddle in medium. well the box arrived yesterday and it was a large! the worst part is that when i called this morning to exchange it for a new one the guy on the phone gave me a hard time saying that i pressed the large button when i choose what size to buy. very un happy with how long it took just to set up an exchange. it gets worse. i currently dont have a backup saddle and i live in hawaii so shipping back to them will take a week processing the order will take a week shipping back to me a week. ONE MONTH! im gonna loose busness!:cry:

Last edited:
Sorry you had trouble. I've had nothing but outstanding service from Wespur. They get 99% of my business. When you went back to look at your online order did order a large or did you order a medium and they shipped a large?
Phil

:agree2:

I have to agree with Small Wood, nothing but outstanding service. I too got the wrong size harness, but it was my fault. They sent out the right harness the same day I called and I sent the one ordered back in the box the new one came in.

I've ordered most of my gear from them as well, they were actually very helpful when I was picking out my first set of spurs... took the time to talk to me on the phone for the better part of a half hour discussing my options and the ups and downs of the different brands/styles. Ordered my "Cougar" saddle from them as well and had no problems with it, other than yes it is a long waiting period for the shipment, especially with the border crossing here into Canada... for all the customs yuppies know I'm an afghanie terrorist looking to plant IEDs in ummm errrr Canadian tree tops?

Wherever the fault lies, i'm sure it was an honest mistake... we're all human right? Sucks that you're losing work over it but, once that saddle gets there you'll have no excuses not to be out breaking it in for about 14hrs a day haha.
:greenchainsaw:

Sorry about your situation. Almost all of my business goes to Wespur. They call if anything is backordered, even pick up the phone at crazy times when I forget they are on the opposite side of the country. Living in the US mainland I know I take availability and prompt shipping for granted. Hope everything works out.

everybody makes mistakes, doesn't matter the company, maybe you did hit the wrong button or maybe the person that packed it pulled it wrong, like Forrest Gump said "#### happens" ...........no need to bash a company for a simple mistake....

I've had problems with the other company mentioned here as well but there's no need to bash them over it so I won't....no one is perfect...

Last edited:
Wesspur gets almost all of my business. Their customer service is usually outstanding. I'm sure that if your order acknowledgment in your email said medium and they sent you the large they will cover the cost of return shipping and send out the new one the same day. Even if it they aren't at fault, they usually will happily send the new one out immediately and credit your account upon receiving the first one back. Try talking to someone else there if you weren't happy with the first guy. I'm sure you were as diplomatic as can be, but perhaps the guy you spoke with misunderstood or was even having a bad day. Heck, I had a bad day once....

Since I've been dealing with Wesspur for years I'm kind of shocked to read the details of your post. They've always been excellent in the customer service area. Sean has called me several times to discuss my orders when something seemed out of the ordinary or to answer a question about a product. I can't believe that you'll need to wait a month for your saddle. :jawdrop:

If you selected the size out of a drop down menu type dialog box, maybe you did select the wrong size inadvertently. I know when I have selected from those types of menus, then pressed the down button it moves it to the lowest selection before moving the page. Usually I catch it.

I did the same thing..maybe

I ordered a saddle years ago and ordered a large according to the size chart..got it...pulled it up to my thighs...no good..can't get it over my ars..called them..informed them of my fat ars situation..said no problem. return it in the original packaging and we will refund your return shipping when you order the next one..they did..I can't complain.

I have been nothing but happy with Wesspur, Sherrill, Bailey's and Treestuff I have ordered from all with zero issues. I have had to correct an order with Wesspur and it went without issue.

It may be that a pull down tab rolled on you while you were clicking so it may not have been their fault. With that said in these days of internet commerce the online companies must be aware of these issues occurring and must adopt a policy that accepts returns to correct user errors in ordering... as long as they are in a new unused condition. If not it will hurt their bottom line. But I myself have had good success with Wesspur

thats not fair to wesspur! did you ever arrive late to a scheduled job? bent a fence, took down cable or phone lines, leave ruts in a yard on accident? did you ever have to reschedule a job because something came up? i guess your customer should go and tell everybody not to use you because you made a small mistake. we are humans and we are not perfect.

I have been nothing but happy with Wesspur, Sherrill, Bailey's and Treestuff I have ordered from all with zero issues. I have had to correct an order with Wesspur and it went without issue.

It may be that a pull down tab rolled on you while you were clicking so it may not have been their fault. With that said in these days of internet commerce the online companies must be aware of these issues occurring and must adopt a policy that accepts returns to correct user errors in ordering... as long as they are in a new unused condition. If not it will hurt their bottom line. But I myself have had good success with Wesspur

My problem with some of the suppliers nowadays is they have started hiring people that don't know anything about what they are selling. Back in the old days before you could hardly say it they knew what you wanted.

Back