dream truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already Got the Dream Truck

Gentlemen, you may think this is a joke, but I'm totally dead serious.

I was given my dream truck in 2009, and I've been selling firewood out of it for a year now. The answer is:

1991 Honda Accord, 5 speed stick, 4 cylinder, 2.2 liter, 125 horsepower. Curb weight approx 2950 (without passengers).

I've gone down power access roads in Georgia and unimproved gravel roads in South Carolina hauling 700+ pounds of logs. Recently, I took the back seat out to increase my wood capacity. My completely capacity is a half cord. Stacked floor to ceiling from behind the front seats on back and with a totally full trunk, I can get 60-64 cubic feet.

I've done trips as long as 100 miles (taking wood back from my father-in-law's down I-20), but my usual delivery distance is about 20 miles. The door sticker only gives me 850 pounds for "cargo and passengers", but I know I've had the total weight of the car over 4000 pounds before when hauling back green, wet rounds from a job. Still manages to get around 30 mpg on the highway with a full load, doing 75 mph!

Back end starts to sag a little with the full load. I'm working on bolstering the suspension with stiffer springs, and possibly a rudimentary air ride system. Soon, I'll post a pic of Red Sexy in full firewood mode. Comments? :)View attachment 256884View attachment 256885View attachment 256886

This is one of my dream trucks, a Tatra 815 biturbo aircooled multifuel V12. It was designed as a Czech tank recovery truck and can tow up to 100t. Fully independant 8x8 with diff locks and cross locks. And I could go on... They can be bought for as little as $10k

attachment.php

My other dream truck is a Unimog with crane fitted. Oh and I wouldn't mind a nice Pete 379 with a few chrome bits either.

Gentlemen, you may think this is a joke, but I'm totally dead serious.

I was given my dream truck in 2009, and I've been selling firewood out of it for a year now. The answer is:

1991 Honda Accord, 5 speed stick, 4 cylinder, 2.2 liter, 125 horsepower. Curb weight approx 2950 (without passengers).

I've gone down power access roads in Georgia and unimproved gravel roads in South Carolina hauling 700+ pounds of logs. Recently, I took the back seat out to increase my wood capacity. My completely capacity is a half cord. Stacked floor to ceiling from behind the front seats on back and with a totally full trunk, I can get 60-64 cubic feet.

I've done trips as long as 100 miles (taking wood back from my father-in-law's down I-20), but my usual delivery distance is about 20 miles. The door sticker only gives me 850 pounds for "cargo and passengers", but I know I've had the total weight of the car over 4000 pounds before when hauling back green, wet rounds from a job. Still manages to get around 30 mpg on the highway with a full load, doing 75 mph!

Back end starts to sag a little with the full load. I'm working on bolstering the suspension with stiffer springs, and possibly a rudimentary air ride system. Soon, I'll post a pic of Red Sexy in full firewood mode. Comments? :)View attachment 256884View attachment 256885View attachment 256886
God help you if you are ever in a wreck with all that wood behind you!!!

I don't know that this is my dream truck but I don't think I would have to worry much about getting stuck in the woods. It started life as a 4 door Jeep Sahara. Mopar sells the conversion kit and we installed the lift and tires. It is now a JK8. We get calls on this think all the time but when they see the $50k price tag, they hang up pretty quickly...

View attachment 256905

How could this thread ever die?!?!?!

I've been pricing/re-pricing my dream truck for about 3 years now:

F-250 Regular Cab, 8 ft Bed, Powerstroke, 4x4, semi-loaded (don't need leather seats, but power everything else is nice), Vermillion red w/cab clearance lights. I see one of these hear n there and just drool :biggrin: keep telling myself 'Someday you won't care what you drop $40,000 on..." :dizzy: yeah, right.

Dream wood hauler would be an L8000 or L9000 single axle w/cummins and a 5-6 yard dump box with side height extensions. I grew up driving these trucks on the farm and have a soft spot for them. They aren't purty, or classy, but I've always liked them and they're usually pretty reliable.

View attachment 280491

here is my 1951 gmc m211 military truck. slightly modified for the local mud bog. never had her in the woods gathering fire wood. but never had her stuck either lol. shes my baby

my buddy had a tamdem axle dump truck stuck in the field with 5000 gallon tanks full of water. pulled him out flawlessly. the is equpped with a divorced transfer case out of an old IH combine. really helps get her goin. the big block is set up on race gas (13 to 1) with a 250 shot of no2. making about 850 hp.

Last edited:
I love my 2008 F-250 crew cab, 3 inch lift, Pro-Comp tires and my log trailer. Hauls everything home every time and if I can't lift it into the bed or trailer with my buddy helping, then the damn saw takes care of that!!!!

My dream woodhauler would be a 1992-1993 Dodge Ram 250 4X4 with the 12 valve intercooled cummins and a 5 speed manual. Since I'll likely never own one my current 2010 Ram 2500 is filling in just fine.

Latest posts

Back