Drink water out there! or wind up like me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Worked in the 90* shop during the day yesterday then went home and worked on my 2101XP a bit. It has been extremely hot and humid here. I drank water yesterday but not enough. Long story short I was on my way to work this morning and got so dizzy and light headed I had to pull the truck over. Wound up admitting myself in the ER and getting an IV and bloodwork. NOT FUN. I had a case of moderate dehydration and 10 hours later Im still hurting. All my muscles ache especially my back and head. I wouldnt run a saw in weather like this anyway for the saws sake and mine. But I know lots of guys here work outside or in shops like me. DRINK DRINK DRINK. I feel like I got hit by a truck.

Worked in the 90* shop during the day yesterday then went home and worked on my 2101XP a bit. It has been extremely hot and humid here. I drank water yesterday but not enough. Long story short I was on my way to work this morning and got so dizzy and light headed I had to pull the truck over. Wound up admitting myself in the ER and getting an IV and bloodwork. NOT FUN. I had a case of moderate dehydration and 10 hours later Im still hurting. All my muscles ache especially my back and head. I wouldnt run a saw in weather like this anyway for the saws sake and mine. But I know lots of guys here work outside or in shops like me. DRINK DRINK DRINK. I feel like I got hit by a truck.

Hope all is getting better Joe!
A GOOD reminder for ALL of us!
Hope your relaxing and AS-ing in the AC for a bit!

ASing now. my back hurt so bad earlier the only thing I could do was lay down. It was so hard to fight the urge to go work on saws or do something. I hate sitting still. But I didnt have a choice.

Been kayaking for 4 days stright back to work and been a little dizzy all day....just keep slaming water take it easy! :cheers:

I had a sports doctor tell me to drink 3 to 1 water to gatorade. He said too much and it doesn't absorb. They also said your pee should be very light yellow from a lot of water. They wanted us to drink 1 gallon of water every night after football practice or more if you could stand it.

Hope your feeling better.I hate this kind of weather,in the 80's here and the humidity is in the high 60's:dizzy:I have had heat stroke twice,once when I was cutting pulpwood and once when I was doing yardwork on a weekend,it's no fun.

Hope all is getting better Joe!
A GOOD reminder for ALL of us!
Hope your relaxing and AS-ing in the AC for a bit!

So true! Especially since I've been given access to some standing dead Oaks to practice my falling technique on (and of course keep the wood for firewood). :clap:

I drink mix of 50% water / 50% gatorade. Plus lots and lots of ice cold water.
And I force myself to drink.

A mix of 50% water / 50% coke is good too!

I know it is gross, but your pee should be a "wee" bit yellow.

Something I to MUST practice.

Kevin

It has gotten into the 90's here with humidity being close to saturated. You go outside and feel like you are going to die. I went over to a friends place today to clean up a downed tree and got dehydrated/overheated and had to come home even though I was drinking tons of water from the hose. Kinda sore with a headache. Got a lady coming over at 5 to get some rabbits though!!

Im in the Tx sun all day everyday usually. I go thru about a gallon or more water a day.

As a former long distance runner from the hot and humid south.....drink water before you need it. Always try to hydrate 15-20 minutes before you start and continue to drink fluids. I used to run 70-80 miles a week in summer without any issues. If you are not peeing, you are not drinking enough.

It has gotten into the 90's here with humidity being close to saturated. You go outside and feel like you are going to die. I went over to a friends place today to clean up a downed tree and got dehydrated/overheated and had to come home even though I was drinking tons of water from the hose. Kinda sore with a headache. Got a lady coming over at 5 to get some rabbits though!!

every one needs to know that drinking from a regular water hose can cause Postrate troubles. trust me on this I woke up one morning about 10 years ago and it felt like someone had stuck a baseball up my exaust pipe. cound not piss a drop to save my life. had to go to the ER and have my bladder relieved and with my prostrate enlarged it was bad.
not saying you can't drink from a hose just try not to unless u have to.
jnl

Cutting Gatorade and those types of drinks with water is a very good idea because they all have a lot of sodium (salt) in them. I'm not picking on Gatorade they all are loaded with salt. In hot weather a lot of salt intake is really bad for you. Drink till you pee is the way to go. LOL

What i do also is get some salt and a v8 vegatable juice. Pour a bunch o salt in the v8 shake it up and drink it. Then flush it down with water.

Wal-Mart bottled H20

I pay almost $1/gal because I don't trust my well water for drinking water,
use it for most every thing else. It was 10* cooler where I am today
than the NE & mid-Eastern Atlantic states, usually the other way around;
enjoy your weather, not much of a choice.

Latest posts

Back